UPS drivers and home loans?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I just bought a house as a "part time" loader/unloader they could only use my base hours not my overtime because Ive worked here less than two years(they couldn't do anything until I had at least one year in). I've also spent a lot of effort getting my credit score from 520 to 720 in the past 18 months. It's doable just takes patience and effort. I actually got pre approved before my year was up by a different bank but they pulled the rug out two weeks before closing(after the offer inspection appraisal etc). But I have a house now :)
What do you have to do to get your credit score downt to 520

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I hit top rate next year. That $6ish increase (I'm red-circled) equals $240 a week extra in just normal hours worked, nevermind the overtime. I'm actually pretty terrified of buying a house as I'm not a hands-on person at all, minus the yard work. Need to change a light fixture - pay someone..plumbing? Nope, paying someone. Renting has had its benefits over the years. My only question is how much should I be saving up? 20%? 30%?
Buy yourself a fancy condo downtown not everybody needs a house

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Year 3 I pulled the trigger. Perfect timing. If you can’t have financial security as a homeowner then don’t buy. Save until you can cover the mortgage for at least a year.
Of course, I was lucky and had a mother in law to rent out to save money when I first started. Not everybody is that lucky
How much you charge for the Ol gal

meritocracy

Getting a good credit score is tough when so many of these companies go out of their way to hurt you just to make a little extra money. A utility failed to stop my service after I asked them to...never told me about it. Never sent a bill either. Got a collections letter after I canceled the service. Screwed up my credit for years.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Getting a good credit score is tough when so many of these companies go out of their way to hurt you just to make a little extra money. A utility failed to stop my service after I asked them to...never told me about it. Never sent a bill either. Got a collections letter after I canceled the service. Screwed up my credit for years.
It’s funny how people with a crappy credit score always blame it on somebody else
It’s never thier fault

meritocracy

It’s funny how people with a crappy credit score always blame it on somebody else
It’s never thier fault
I have Excellent credit now. One collection I shouldn't have had that lowered my score for a while. It went up after I paid it but not back to where it was before until the collection finally fell off.

W

WestCoastBrown

Speaking of credit just rifling through this thread, I got an AMEX Blue Cash Everyday as my first CC when I was 20 due to the fact that whenever you apply for a new AMEX card, they do a soft pull instead of a hard pull on your credit like the first one. They also keep the same date you started with them when you apply for a different card from them, which means your new card is attached to your original opening line of credit. Plus, AMEX has always won my disputes. Sorry for the shilling.

clean hairy

Year 3 I pulled the trigger. Perfect timing. If you can’t have financial security as a homeowner then don’t buy. Save until you can cover the mortgage for at least a year.
Of course, I was lucky and had a mother in law to rent out to save money when I first started. Not everybody is that lucky
How much a month did you make renting out your mother in law??

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
B82E0C6C-966F-4FCE-8D6A-78992B0525C1.png

shift inhibit’s (RPCD) score 💪🏼 🏦 💵

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I’m getting there man. My score dumped under 650 right after I bought the house but I’m finally back up over 700
supposedly the reddit reverse-engineered fico study suggests that the penalty for a new account alone is 35 points for 6 months, up to 10 points can be deducted for average age of credit, about 5 points for the hard credit inquiry, then total utilization and balance each month can have an impact of up to 120 points.
In other words, credit drops and then quickly builds up after opening a new account.