UPS drivers maneuvering to create a new union

705red

Browncafe Steward
I was keeping an eye on the Election results too, and the Central States areas are where Leedham got more votes than Hoffa. I am posting that off the top of my head without researching, not sure of exact results. One fact is for sure though, with only about twenty per cent of the Teamsters bothering to check a ballot and drop it in the mailbox, it was a pathetic showing for both Hoffa and Leedham.
It was a total of 18% that voted and i didnt mean every local but hoffa still walked away with the majority in cs area, i will dig out the totals and scan them on here later. Now how many upsers did vote for that election? Probably if you follow trends not that many!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It was a total of 18% that voted and i didnt mean every local but hoffa still walked away with the majority in cs area, i will dig out the totals and scan them on here later. Now how many upsers did vote for that election? Probably if you follow trends not that many!

Here's a link, (yes it is TDU)- http://tdu.org/node/488 about this subject. Right after the Election, some website (I think Leedhams) posted the votes Local by Local.

Last edited:

705red

Browncafe Steward
Here's a link, (yes it is TDU)- http://tdu.org/node/488 about this subject. Right after the Election, some website (I think Leedhams) posted the votes Local by Local.
I followed your link and stand corrected, i cant find my copies of the results local by local but have a call out for them. As soon as i get them i will post it here.

I guess what im trying to say is it was a pathetic turnout for the overall election, i campaigned for leedham and stickered. I was under the impression that if hoffa was going down this would have been it, cs pension crisis, his own slate members hoping off and running against him. I was expecting the biggest turnout ever in the ballots and yet we had the worst turnout ever. But it is what it is and hoffa now runs the ibt for the next 5 years and i will respect that, but i also will hold him accountable for the next 5 years and i hope all the ups teamsters will to.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I followed your link and stand corrected, i cant find my copies of the results local by local but have a call out for them. As soon as i get them i will post it here.

I guess what im trying to say is it was a pathetic turnout for the overall election, i campaigned for leedham and stickered. I was under the impression that if hoffa was going down this would have been it, cs pension crisis, his own slate members hoping off and running against him. I was expecting the biggest turnout ever in the ballots and yet we had the worst turnout ever. But it is what it is and hoffa now runs the ibt for the next 5 years and i will respect that, but i also will hold him accountable for the next 5 years and i hope all the ups teamsters will to.

I agree 100% with your post, 705red. I voted for Leedham and was hoping for better results. I am just totally amazed at the lack of union members who don't keep up with whats happening. Recently a five year Cover Driver was talking with myself and another senior FTer. He didn't even know what Central States is. I voted for Carey, I helped get him in. I am not a member of TDU either, but I do believe in fixing what we have now.