Ups drivers

Christian M

can you guys share your first experiences on how you learned how the packages were to be delivered and what you used to lead you to your stops. Would be appreciated

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
can you guys share your first experiences on how you learned how the packages were to be delivered and what you used to lead you to your stops. Would be appreciated
It’s called using your brain. Really, it’s not rocket science. You put packages on peoples porches.

oldngray

nowhere special
It’s called using your brain. Really, it’s not rocket science. You put packages on peoples porches.

easy peasy

delivery-2.jpg

Box Ox

When you get to your center in the morning you should take about 15 minutes to pull up and plan your stops on the holo-wall like Tom Cruise pulled up future crime perpetrators in “Minority Report.”

Sounds complicated but you’ll get used to working with the holo-gloves. Just don’t overthink it and you’ll be fine.

167va15.gif

CoolStoryBro

My first route was in a business area 1 block from where I grew up. Then the resi's were a rich neighborhood a mile away from that.

I knew the route like the back of my hand almost instantly. I also knew the DIAD before I became a driver.

Back then we did not have EDD or ODO or any of this technology stuff. So I just drove around and delivered bulk. Then followed a route that made sense. I had 50-60 businesses within a very tiny area. So how I did the route did not matter

THAT IS MY

COOL STORY BRO

rod

Retired 22 years
If you haven't been paying attention to how tough we had it back then I can't help you. I've explained it dozens of times.

reginald95

Odd streets on one side, even on the other. Any streets with a “West” designation the numbers get bigger as you travel west and smaller as you travel east. Any streets with an “East” designation the numbers get smaller as you travel west and bigger as you travel east.

Streets with a “North” designation numbers get bigger as you travel north and smaller as you travel south. Streets with a “South” designation numbers get bigger as you travel south and smaller as you travel north.

Christian M

When you get to your center in the morning you should take about 15 minutes to pull up and plan your stops on the holo-wall like Tom Cruise pulled up future crime perpetrators in “Minority Report.”

Sounds complicated but you’ll get used to working with the holo-gloves. Just don’t overthink it and you’ll be fine.

167va15.gif
Seriously? Cmon