UPS employee charged with stealing guns during delivery

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS employee charged with stealing guns during delivery - Citizen Times

A former UPS employee who police say texted his wife, “Take the guns and kids and run.” has been charged with stealing firearms meant to be shipped to local stores.

Matthew Scott Nunes, 32, of Hendersonville, has been charged with five counts of larceny of a firearm for allegedly stealing five firearms, including an AR 15. According to an arrest warrant, the guns were in transit from the UPS shipping facility in Asheville to three stores: On Target Shooting Range, Prices Creek General Store and Cherokee Trading Post. Each charge is a felony.

rod

Retired 22 years

A former UPS employee who police say texted his wife, “Take the guns and kids and run.” has been charged with stealing firearms meant to be shipped to local stores.

Matthew Scott Nunes, 32, of Hendersonville, has been charged with five counts of larceny of a firearm for allegedly stealing five firearms, including an AR 15. According to an arrest warrant, the guns were in transit from the UPS shipping facility in Asheville to three stores: On Target Shooting Range, Prices Creek General Store and Cherokee Trading Post. Each charge is a felony.
:censored2:

Fuzzy Brown

But why?

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Had a gun in my hub with almost 30 years in driving ,getting ready to retire, got caught stealing cameras from a high end camera place we pick up from. Fired and lost 30 years of hard work for what? People are stupid

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Had a gun in my hub with almost 30 years in driving ,getting ready to retire, got caught stealing cameras from a high end camera place we pick up from. Fired and lost 30 years of hard work for what? People are stupid

Guy not gun. Auto correct at its finest

Box Ox

Sounds like North Carolina.

Decent journalism would have been clear on that but too much to hope for.

The Citizen Times is a local paper out of Asheville and Hendersonville is right next door. Pointing out that this took place in North Carolina would have seemed redundant to the readership.

oldngray

nowhere special
The Citizen Times is a local paper out of Asheville and Hendersonville is right next door. Pointing out that this took place in North Carolina would have seemed redundant to the readership.
Redundant for local readers maybe but not for when USA Today picks it up as a national story.