UPS enters flat-rate pricing battle with FedEx, USPS

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS enters flat-rate pricing battle with FedEx, USPS - Atlanta Business Chronicle

UPS has entered the flat-rate pricing battle with the United States Postal Service and FedEx.

United Parcel Service Inc. (NYSE: UPS) debuted a new "predictable flat rate shipping option" dubbed UPS Simple Rate, that gives small- and medium-sized business customers a national flat rate that cuts the limitations of its rivals.

The new service lets small businesses ship by second- or third-day air or ground services to anywhere in the U.S. for a flat rate — split into five tiered sizes. Customers don't need to enter package weight and, unlike rival FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), doesn't involve shipping zones and allows customers to use their own boxes.

Justaloader

“Customers don't need to enter package weight”
Great idea. :poop:

Hell, they are never right as it is. If I get one more 20lb Detroit Axle box...that weighs 70 lbs......I'll just have to put it on the floor like I always do. It won't change. I'm fairly certian they never "audit" the packages, as rarely is the weight shown on the label any where close to what the package actually weighs.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Hell, they are never right as it is. If I get one more 20lb Detroit Axle box...that weighs 70 lbs......I'll just have to put it on the floor like I always do. It won't change. I'm fairly certian they never "audit" the packages, as rarely is the weight shown on the label any where close to what the package actually weighs.
Can't speak for UPS, but a 'REVenue EXception' scan at FedEx changes billing on the weight, but doesn't generate a new label.