UPS is already losing business

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have 2 multi million dollar accounts on my route that have said they will ship FedX starting next week until we return but neither are signing any 2 year deal with FedX. They already use them as a backup option. We get about 90 percent of their shipping now and won't get any more until a contract is agreed on.
They fully support Teamsters but are very concerned with FedX being able to pick up the slack.
UPS has way more to lose than to gain by fighting over a small pay raise for PTs.

It’s estimated fedx and usps will only be able to handle about 30% of ups volume
Better let your multi million dollar accounts know this

DOK

This is the exact reason why anyone who says the deal is already settled and what is going on is theatre is a maroon. People actually think all this back and forth and Sean visiting buildings all over the country is for show. We are striking people. Be ready to walk that picket line 8-1.
11th hour deal, bank on it, it’s all part of show.

Underallowed306

I’m not young, but I’m not old. I’m 38 years old, I saw the World Trade Center collapse on live TV and experienced how that changed everyone’s lives. Perhaps I didn’t see combat in Vietnam like you but I am educated and I have seen our culture make a change for the better. If you think suffering makes tough then we were definitely raised differently.
Our culture is not better. It’s lazy, selfish, and soft. Suffering does make you tough. Not everyone deserves a trophy. There’s nothing wrong with working hard, despite what people tell you to the contrary. It’s better to be valuable than unique.

Last edited:

MostHelpNeeded

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

We're definitely transitioning into the last part...

Zowert

I’ve already had multiple customers ask me about the strike and tell me they will have to switch to fed ex if it happens. Months ago the management was crying about losing volume. I’ve gained pickups on my route over the past year and have more customers shifting to ups. Now everything will be lost .
Same here. When I won the bid on my route there was only one pick up. Now there are five, they’re all small businesses. I’m the one who talked to these business owners and convinced them to open pick up accounts, not management or corporate.

reginald95

We pick up a lot of overnight volume from the high end retail brands, LV, Prada, Gucci, Fendin, Dior, etc I hope the higher ups from those companies get in touch with UPS higher ups to put some pressure.

I've seen what FedEx does with these accounts when they had them. Not so good.

Zowert

We pick up a lot of overnight volume from the high end retail brands, LV, Prada, Gucci, Fendin, Dior, etc I hope the higher ups from those companies get in touch with UPS higher ups to put some pressure.

I've seen what FedEx does with these accounts when they had them. Not so good.
I didn’t think about this. The premium brand stuff that rich people love ordering. Karen in Greenwich Connecticut is going to lose her mind when she finds out her Prada handbag is just sitting at UPS, not moving because of a strike. I think entitled wealthy people would be more likely to call the Teamsters and tell us to get back to work rather than ask UPS executives to just give us want we want. They don’t like working class people having money.

Grey

Seems more like customers are cramming in orders in advance into the next week or so out of fear of a strike. Volume is heavy and they’re actually putting splits in.