UPS facility in Middleburg Heights evacuated after fire

Shryp

Here is what I heard from a supervisor: "No injuries, liquid leaked on belt static electricity started fire, fire dept cut hole in roof to put water in, suppose to be open Monday"

clean hairy

Screw the building!
No injuries to those inside IS the main concern!
All are safe?
Be intersting to see if a person was shipping a Prohibited Hazmat and just sutffed it in a box with no Hazmat markings.
On a lighter note.
Did you notice in the story posted, it states
"Tractor Trailers load and unload packages?"
They DO have some advanced package handling techonology at that facility!

Screw the building!
No injuries to those inside IS the main concern!
All are safe?
Be intersting to see if a person was shipping a Prohibited Hazmat and just sutffed it in a box with no Hazmat markings.
On a lighter note.
Did you notice in the story posted, it states
"Tractor Trailers load and unload packages?"
They DO have some advanced package handling techonology at that facility!
LOL as a worker in that building I must say it is amazing to see in person.

bitter to the bone

Glad to hear that no one was hurt. It will be interesting to see what caused this fire. Wondering now how it will affect package movements if the MB building is temporarily closed. So much for an uneventful peak.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We had a fire in our building several years back, tried to find a news story, but could not. It was a mess, I think we lost 3 trucks. Battery cable> started it. It was mostly smoke and water, and we tried to clean our trucks, it was brutally cold, like now. (Our trucks are still dirty)..........the ones we still have. Parking lot/ space was at a premium. was hardly usable, people trying to jog their vehicles around it all, It was awful. I never knew about it til the next day. They said they called me to help....Ours being about 1/20th the size of your center, could be better, or worse, prayers to you. Make sure if your truck reeks, get it cleaned or refuse to drive it. We had so many customer complaints because of sooty pkgs. Lesson learned. Not to mention what it has done/ could have done to our lungs.

Last edited:

brownieworker

They say it was a leaking package that was ignited by static from the belts... apparently we are working at 10 am tomorrow morning... peak is back on

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Went by the center today and heard they are working to clean up the mess. All electronics and computers are fine so I am guessing we are working Monday.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What?? The building's on fire? Be right there to help...

images-5.jpeg

brown bomber

brown bomber
I never emptied out my locker,..it's been 5 yrs. since I set foot in the Hub,...can I sue for damage to my private property, what about my collection of high-end UPS socks ??,..what about the items from my personal time capsule ??

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I never emptied out my locker,..it's been 5 yrs. since I set foot in the Hub,...can I sue for damage to my private property, what about my collection of high-end UPS socks ??,..what about the items from my personal time capsule ??
High end ups socks? Are they yellow with little brown shields?

10 point

What about the employee's disciplinary files! :)