UPS Fails to Make Nantucket Ferry Reservations for Its Trucks

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

UPS Fails to Make Nantucket Ferry Reservations for Its Trucks - 10 Boston

The United Parcel Service is scrambling to book reservations with the Steamship Authority for its trucks to make deliveries on Nantucket this summer after an apparent administrative error.

UPS neglected to request reservations during the early priority booking window that the Steamship Authority provides to freight shippers, the Boston Globe reported. Ferries to Nantucket from May to October were booked near capacity for large shipping trucks once officials realized the mistake.

Some Nantucket merchants are beginning to panic, according to the Globe, since a large portion of orders are usually delivered to the island on a UPS truck.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Add it to the list. God this company sucks. Can you imagine how far underwater they would be if the same people had to manage any other company. The workforce is actually, literally propping them up like a life support system.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Add it to the list. God this company sucks. Can you imagine how far underwater they would be if the same people had to manage any other company. The workforce is actually, literally propping them up like a life support system.
Management is too focused on giving Warning Letters over lunches,backing events and other piddily crap to run the business

Ghost in the Darkness

I saw this just on the NY Post and wondered if anyone here had any insight? It still amazes me that drivers need to be perfect yet we have so much incompetance in management and corporate.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Y'all know me You know how I earn a livin I'll get those pkgs over there ,, But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the ground , the 3 day select , 2 nd day & next day airs ,,, the whole damn thing.