Ups firearm policy.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Chol Tong, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Wrong

Wrong :))

I keep my gun right next to me with one in the chamber, for safety reason.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Under your pillow?

3. Wrong

On my night stand next to my cellphone.

4. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

I wouldn't feel safe with my other pistols with one in the chamber.
    The Glock 26 G4 has three built in safeties that eliminates discharge by dropping and I keep mine in a carbon-fiber holster that prevents accidental pull on the trigger although it has a safety in the trigger as well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

Don't put in up to your ear by mistake! :wink-very:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

They used to have a nice Browning over/under in the years of service catalog
    35 years if I remember correctly

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

This happened at my hub many years ago. I don’t know what happened to the guy.

8. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Accidentally bringing it to work isn't half as bad as the many who accidentally bring one to an airport. (Oh, I forgot that was in my carry-on!)
    People are stoopid!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. purehavanne

purehavanne Active Member

Let me tell you why ur not coming back. If you actually do come back and shoot up the place, the personnel who you notified that you brought a firearm will be looking for a new career. Are they gonna risk that? Hell no.

You should have never told on yourself! If the guard shack bums are too lazy to check going in, they damn sure don’t care going out! You should have kept ur mouth shut!

10. Follow_The_Methods

Follow_The_Methods New Member

About nine years ago we had a guy bring in his new revolver to show a couple of coworkers. Another employee witnessed him showing his gun off and told a supervisor. He was terminated but he filed and eventually won it back and still works here today.

11. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

I don't believe the guy should have been fired, but I do think he was pretty stupid. It's not that hard to not bring a gun to work! If you want to show it off take some pictures of it or invite your co workers over after work. Sadly the world we live in today is going to :censored2: so some people are put on edge at the sight of a firearm.

12. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Honest guys always finish last .

13. trailer loader

trailer loader Trailer Loader

how could you as a gun owner not know where you have your firearm at all times??

14. Fuzzy Brown

Fuzzy Brown Member

If they fire you then they should fire security for allowing a gun to get past them.
    If you have a BA worth his salt you should get your job back.

15. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

We had a driver who accidently forgot to take his handgun out of his backpack and was caught in the guard shack with the metal detector. This was shortly after the three murders in the Birmingham Hub, he didn't get his job back.

16. TearsInRain

TearsInRain IE boogeyman

never snitch on yourself

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List

17. Yes Sir, I remember that catalogue quite vividly from 30 + years ago. I thought man, that'll be great.

Now, we get nothing or they'll throw your "certificate" on the counter and hope you find it. I usually

throw mine directly in the trash in front of mgt. They might say " you don't want this?" "you earned

this, it has a diamond....". And the safety committee co-chair union steward looks on like he cares about

anything but himself(nothing could be truer). BTW-I asked for a new Circle of Honor hat, "No we just

can't do that..." I said, " Ok, I'll just wear this one, I've had it 4 years and it's a little green and stained

from sweat(4 years)". Jaded, bitter? You bet.

18. We had a Business Agent bring a gun all the way to a hearing at the hub. He declared it and apologized. He "retired" soon after.

19. buttflapp

buttflapp New Member

Knew a guy who was allowed to conceal carry on his route. There was a murderer on his route and he was in a rural area. He was allowed to carry until the guy got caught. Got approved by the higher ups. Pun not intended.

20. Wrong

I could see people getting away with this at a mom and pa store or something. But definitely not in any major business, especially a delivery business.
    They don’t call it going postal for nothing.