Ups firearm policy.

El Correcto

god is dead
That's why I said pretty much. I do not carry in CA. If I go to AZ I carry and it's either on me or locked in its case.

At home I have a safe where all my firearms are and the ammo is separate from the safe and locked in a cabinet.

The security shotgun is in a biometric safe under the bed and my pistol is in a safe attached to my nightstand. Though I don't keep one in the chamber for safety reasons. I'm sure someone will give me S* for that last sentence. ;)

I don't need multiple firearms stashed around the house. CA homes aren't usually that large.
I keep my gun right next to me with one in the chamber, for safety reason.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
That's why I said pretty much. I do not carry in CA. If I go to AZ I carry and it's either on me or locked in its case.

At home I have a safe where all my firearms are and the ammo is separate from the safe and locked in a cabinet.

The security shotgun is in a biometric safe under the bed and my pistol is in a safe attached to my nightstand. Though I don't keep one in the chamber for safety reasons. I'm sure someone will give me S* for that last sentence. ;)

I don't need multiple firearms stashed around the house. CA homes aren't usually that large.
I wouldn't feel safe with my other pistols with one in the chamber.
The Glock 26 G4 has three built in safeties that eliminates discharge by dropping and I keep mine in a carbon-fiber holster that prevents accidental pull on the trigger although it has a safety in the trigger as well.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I remember the good old days when if a driver got a new firearm, they would bring it in and show everybody including the center manager.
Same with alcohol, especially at Christmas time when drivers would get tips in the form of a fifth of their favorite brew.
Especially, on a Friday evening, drivers and management would tailgate for a couple hours in the parking lot drinking beer and BSing.
Hell, it may still be like that in some rural areas.
I imagine there are 2 UPSs just like there are 2 Americas.
I imagine some pusillanimous millennial would have a conniption if he/he saw a gun in the parking lot.

They used to have a nice Browning over/under in the years of service catalog
35 years if I remember correctly

purehavanne

I’ve worked for UPS for the last three years and recently I accidentally brought in a firearm without realizing it. I’m unsure how the security personnels didn’t see when I put my bag through the X-ray belt. I realized I had it on me during break time when I reached into my bag and I felt it. I immediately went to tell the security personnels and they called some other people from in the hub I had to speak to speak to, including a union steward. I was terminated as they took my Id and sent me on my way. Is there any possible way of appealing since I didn’t know I had it on and the security personnels didn’t see it on my way in?
Let me tell you why ur not coming back. If you actually do come back and shoot up the place, the personnel who you notified that you brought a firearm will be looking for a new career. Are they gonna risk that? Hell no.

You should have never told on yourself! If the guard shack bums are too lazy to check going in, they damn sure don’t care going out! You should have kept ur mouth shut!

About nine years ago we had a guy bring in his new revolver to show a couple of coworkers. Another employee witnessed him showing his gun off and told a supervisor. He was terminated but he filed and eventually won it back and still works here today.

Rack em

Made the Podium
About nine years ago we had a guy bring in his new revolver to show a couple of coworkers. Another employee witnessed him showing his gun off and told a supervisor. He was terminated but he filed and eventually won it back and still works here today.
I don't believe the guy should have been fired, but I do think he was pretty stupid. It's not that hard to not bring a gun to work! If you want to show it off take some pictures of it or invite your co workers over after work. Sadly the world we live in today is going to :censored2: so some people are put on edge at the sight of a firearm.

Fuzzy Brown

I’ve worked for UPS for the last three years and recently I accidentally brought in a firearm without realizing it. I’m unsure how the security personnels didn’t see when I put my bag through the X-ray belt. I realized I had it on me during break time when I reached into my bag and I felt it. I immediately went to tell the security personnels and they called some other people from in the hub I had to speak to speak to, including a union steward. I was terminated as they took my Id and sent me on my way. Is there any possible way of appealing since I didn’t know I had it on and the security personnels didn’t see it on my way in?
If they fire you then they should fire security for allowing a gun to get past them.
If you have a BA worth his salt you should get your job back.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We had a driver who accidently forgot to take his handgun out of his backpack and was caught in the guard shack with the metal detector. This was shortly after the three murders in the Birmingham Hub, he didn't get his job back.

quad decade guy

They used to have a nice Browning over/under in the years of service catalog
35 years if I remember correctly

Yes Sir, I remember that catalogue quite vividly from 30 + years ago. I thought man, that'll be great.

Now, we get nothing or they'll throw your "certificate" on the counter and hope you find it. I usually

throw mine directly in the trash in front of mgt. They might say " you don't want this?" "you earned

this, it has a diamond....". And the safety committee co-chair union steward looks on like he cares about

anything but himself(nothing could be truer). BTW-I asked for a new Circle of Honor hat, "No we just

can't do that..." I said, " Ok, I'll just wear this one, I've had it 4 years and it's a little green and stained

from sweat(4 years)". Jaded, bitter? You bet.

flappybutt

Knew a guy who was allowed to conceal carry on his route. There was a murderer on his route and he was in a rural area. He was allowed to carry until the guy got caught. Got approved by the higher ups. Pun not intended.

El Correcto

god is dead
We had a Business Agent bring a gun all the way to a hearing at the hub. He declared it and apologized. He "retired" soon after.
I could see people getting away with this at a mom and pa store or something. But definitely not in any major business, especially a delivery business.
They don’t call it going postal for nothing.