Ups firearm policy.

BestMgrEver

Hot girl summer
As a gun owner, that was very irresponsible. I hope you never get your job back. We have a 0 tolerance policy for weapons inside the building. Shame on you.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
As a gun owner, that was very irresponsible. I hope you never get your job back. We have a 0 tolerance policy for weapons inside the building. Shame on you.
its one thing to laugh at the guy for being an idiot and letting the system get the best of him

actually approving of this infringement on our rights is pretty unAmerican

edit: don’t bother with the “it’s their property they can enslave your rights however they want” argument

that’s just snivelry at its finest

Box Ox

I don't believe the guy should have been fired
Let me tell you why ur not coming back. If you actually do come back and shoot up the place, the personnel who you notified that you brought a firearm will be looking for a new career. Are they gonna risk that? Hell no.

This. This was a termination OP's management team had to make if for no other reason than to cover themselves against discipline and future liability. Best to let the labor manager and/or panel sort out what happens from there.

Fuzzy Brown

And, if doesn't get his job back.... it's the Union's fault ?
People shouldn’t be fired for an honest mistake especially when he notified them when he realized what had happened.
If he is a dues paying member he is entitled to a vigorous defense from the union.
It’s unknowable if he doesn’t get his job back it’s the Union’s fault, it depends on how competent the BA is.
It is of course ultimately his mistake but the company also dropped the ball by letting a firearm get into the building so they bear some responsibility also.

Utility81

Dude, you are gone for good.
Agree with @PappyLand , why the heck you report yourself at that point?
They are way more strict on the X-ray/sensitivity of metal detectors on the way out than the way in. OP probably felt the same way and thought being honest was the best course of action. I’ve always felt you could easily bring in a sawed off shotty into the place, but couldn’t leave with a pocket full of change.

Chol Tong

I appreciate the responses, I actually accepted that I was gone for good myself. I received a text message from a union steward just now, telling me to report back to work today after I just left an orientation meeting for an Amazon job ironically. I guess the union isn’t half bad. ‍♂️

Indecisi0n

I appreciate the responses, I actually accepted that I was gone for good myself. I received a text message from a union steward just now, telling me to report back to work today after I just left an orientation meeting for an Amazon job ironically. I guess the union isn’t half bad. ‍♂️
Don't forget that the next time there is a union meeting .

Fuzzy Brown

You should at minimum go to your steward, shake his hand and thank him you have a good one.
And if you don’t already you should go to a Union meeting once in a while to show your support.

trickpony1

You might buy your steward a $100 gift card to a nice restaurant for saving your -----.

chol tong-
You might think it's funny but you can bet the steward will remember it the next time you need him because you did something stupid.

I know someone whose steward won a $1400 grievance for him. The steward was surprised and touched by the $100 gift card saying, "no one has ever done this before.".

Life is all about memories.