UPS Future Contract Raises

Thebrownblob

It’s actually so screwed up now the 22.4 language was supposed to lower full-time regular package car driver hours, but instead quite a few RPCDs are working six days while 22.4‘s are only working five. SMH

JustDeliverIt

I was under the impression that 22.4 drivers are supposed to work part of the week as a preloader and part of the week as a driver

The company has the flexibility to use them to both drive and work inside. But why would they have them as an expensive preloader when they can use them as a cheaper driver.

PT Car Washer

I was under the impression that 22.4 drivers are supposed to work part of the week as a preloader and part of the week as a driver
We have regular drivers coming in and working the preload so they can have a shorter day. We have a regular driver working FT in the car wash while 22.4's are working 10 and 12 hour days.

Thebrownblob

Ya it's garbage.
It’s garbage but don’t despair you’re not as bad off as you think, and the company would love to pit 22.4 drivers against regular package car drivers. don’t let them do that. We will need to stick together during the next negotiations to try and get a better deal for everyone.

Thebrownblob

We have regular drivers coming in and working the preload so they can have a shorter day. We have a regular driver working FT in the car wash while 22.4's are working 10 and 12 hour days.
My god what is wrong with your local why do they let this happen? It’s like you’re in a black hole somewhere lol

kforte36

It’s garbage but don’t despair you’re not as bad off as you think, and the company would love to pit 22.4 drivers against regular package car drivers. don’t let them do that. We will need to stick together during the next negotiations to try and get a better deal for everyone.
Ya I agree I don't want to go against regular drivers and want to stick together during the next negotiations but why should I get paid less to do the same job with more work?

Thebrownblob

Ya I agree I don't want to go against regular drivers and want to stick together during the next negotiations but why should I get paid less to do the same job with more work?
I don’t think most think you should. Although I’m not sure why you’re doing “more” work? Slow down. Be safe, take your lunch.

kforte36

I was never made aware that I would be paid less to do the same job. I didn't work for ups before driving. I had no idea there were 2 payscales.

Thebrownblob

But I’m assuming you were fine with the pay you were told?
You’re not gonna find a lot of people who are thrilled with the 22.4 language here, but you’re also not gonna get a ton of sympathy, some of us waited almost a decade to even get full-time, you were full-time right away it sounds like. Everyone gets a bite of the UPS crap sandwich.

nWo

There's a lot of us that had to preload for a decade before even sniffing a ft job. So you did kinda luck out by being hired straight into a full time job.

kforte36

I was. But I did not know other people were being paid more to do the same job. I assumed that was what what every other driver was making