UPS Future Contract Raises

Over70irregs

Interesting
Can you elaborate.

they should get both.
but you can always have a Roth IRA as a back up.
He said they gave option for new hires. Obviously they get a 401k match in lieu of pension. All the companies want to drop pensions. We are the last of a dying breed. I do understand portability though in todays world…..

Over70irregs

We make good money and if anybody says we don't. Then they have a problem. I would like a 4-day work week if it goes to 50 hours that's fine as long as I get three days off in a row I'd be very very happy to keep the rate of pay we have. I also don't have an $80,000 truck sitting in the parking lot 12 hours a day. In Florida we don't have a lot of taxes that everybody else has. We have some very nice vehicles we have some good things in life. I'm good with the pay maybe a quicker pension and retirement a little bit more on it that's it for me. Also I make about 1500 a month in 9/5
Lol 9.5 is passive retirement subsidy insurance.

Its_a_me

We have COLA language in our Contract, we will find out how much soon.
COLA is easy to calculate....we just have another month's of inflation to be included in it.

COLA in our contract is determined by May 2022's CPI-W which will be released on June 10th, 2022 @ 8:30 am ET. If you plug in April 2022's CPI-W instead (which was released on 5/11/22) the estimate is:

284.575 (which is April's CPI-W number found here) - 271.52036 (which is May 2021's CPI-W number multiplied by 1.03 as the union only gets COLA when inflation rises above 3%) =13.05464. Now take that number and multiply by $0.05 and you get $0.65 COLA raise with May's inflation adding to it. If inflation remains where it is now then that number could go to $0.75.

So expect a COLA raise between $0.68-$0.75 per hour depending on May's inflation rate.

yadadamean116

COLA is easy to calculate....we just have another month's of inflation to be included in it.

COLA in our contract is determined by May 2022's CPI-W which will be released on June 10th, 2022 @ 8:30 am ET. If you plug in April 2022's CPI-W instead (which was released on 5/11/22) the estimate is:

284.575 (which is April's CPI-W number found here) - 271.52036 (which is May 2021's CPI-W number multiplied by 1.03 as the union only gets COLA when inflation rises above 3%) =13.05464. Now take that number and multiply by $0.05 and you get $0.65 COLA raise with May's inflation adding to it. If inflation remains where it is now then that number could go to $0.75.

So expect a COLA raise between $0.68-$0.75 per hour depending on May's inflation rate.
Thanks Mario

Whither

Scofflaw
Ya I agree I don't want to go against regular drivers and want to stick together during the next negotiations but why should I get paid less to do the same job with more work?
RPCD here. You shouldn't! It was actually the former package division director and chief negotiator of the 2018 contract, Denis J Taylor who proposed 22.4s. That's a lesson that the brotherhood has gotta be prepared to hold union officials accountable just as much as we've gotta enforce the contract whenever the company violates it. So get involved in your local and with your coworkers!

The brothers talking about working 10 yrs PT to go driving have a point. If you can survive until you get bumped up to RPCD you will likely make more money over your lifetime ... however. Union principles are union principles. If we do the same work, then we should have the same rights (the ability to file 9.5, bid on routes, etc) and the same pay.

Shift 2

I can’t speak for everywhere but it’s definitely not the same job. Here most of them have not even drove this year they been working in the building except Saturday’s different classification. Poorly written article for sure.
The 22.4s by me deliver only. There also working 6 days