UPS Future Contract Raises

Cowboy Mac

I think this is an indication that we are about to get screwed. I’ve been saying for at least a month that we need language in the contract that ties raises to the inflation rate. Otherwise we get poorer and poorer.

Obviously this article shows that the companies have a huge advantage. They want to keep our wages the same or with a slight increase while they raise prices for the customer. Then they pocket record profits.

I think this is an indication that we are about to get screwed. I’ve been saying for at least a month that we need language in the contract that ties raises to the inflation rate. Otherwise we get poorer and poorer.

Obviously this article shows that the companies have a huge advantage. They want to keep our wages the same or with a slight increase while they raise prices for the customer. Then they pocket record profits.
It's a mixed bag
We did have some good contracts where are raises has outpaced inflation and raise the standard of living for us.
But most of us have not been around during a rising inflation rate and unfortunately the company cannot give us 10% raises to keep up with inflation.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

We have COLA language in our Contract, we will find out how much soon.

The Company will be looking at three cost factors in 2023:

A. GWI...generally close to a dollar an hour over a five year contract.

B. Health and Welfare costs...about 2,000 a month for a full timer, part timers slightly lower.
It usually goes up .50 an hour annually.

C. (Pensions)....They run about 500 a week for those full timers under a monetary benefit pension plan. It increases the same as the H/W contributions .50 an hour annually.

All that adds up to roughly 2.00 cost increases for most of our membership. The only cost saving measure I see that the Company will be going after in the 2023 contract talks will be the pension. Probably will go the route similar to what they did with their management plans, 401k match ... I am guessing that they will be trying to eliminate the part timers pension plan for those under the Central and Southern.

Over70irregs

Talked to a FEDEX driver last week. They gv him the option of pension or 401k. We both agreed pension is……. You see the markets being exposed. Play long game.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Talked to a FEDEX driver last week. They gv him the option of pension or 401k. We both agreed pension is……. You see the markets being exposed. Play long game.
Interesting
Can you elaborate.

they should get both.
but you can always have a Roth IRA as a back up.

RMR46

We make good money and if anybody says we don't. Then they have a problem. I would like a 4-day work week if it goes to 50 hours that's fine as long as I get three days off in a row I'd be very very happy to keep the rate of pay we have. I also don't have an $80,000 truck sitting in the parking lot 12 hours a day. In Florida we don't have a lot of taxes that everybody else has. We have some very nice vehicles we have some good things in life. I'm good with the pay maybe a quicker pension and retirement a little bit more on it that's it for me. Also I make about 1500 a month in 9/5

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
We make good money and if anybody says we don't. Then they have a problem. I would like a 4-day work week if it goes to 50 hours that's fine as long as I get three days off in a row I'd be very very happy to keep the rate of pay we have. I also don't have an $80,000 truck sitting in the parking lot 12 hours a day. In Florida we don't have a lot of taxes that everybody else has. We have some very nice vehicles we have some good things in life. I'm good with the pay maybe a quicker pension and retirement a little bit more on it that's it for me. Also I make about 1500 a month in 9/5
So let me get this straight.
UPS has no problem paying you an extra 1500 a month
Which is about 9$ an hour extra
But they say they cant raise our pay?

This is 10% right here folks. They can pay us
It's a mixed bag
We did have some good contracts where are raises has outpaced inflation and raise the standard of living for us.
But most of us have not been around during a rising inflation rate and unfortunately the company cannot give us 10% raises to keep up with inflation.

kforte36

I'm a 22.4 driver doing the same job as you for less pay and more stops. Not all drivers have good pay.

RMR46

I work my ass off I have a mental dispatcher. I gave up complaining. So I do my lunch about 10:30 11:00 and cruise the rest of the day. Some days I take an extra 15 minutes so out of my pay and get about an hour and 15 minutes for lunch

Thebrownblob

What? Do you think you deserve equal pay for equal work?
I can’t speak for everywhere but it’s definitely not the same job. Here most of them have not even drove this year they been working in the building except Saturday’s different classification. Poorly written article for sure.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You should educate yourself on how negotiations work
You obviously have no clue