ups future

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
I used to work here...I retired now...many years...many
017a6b79-b2fc-4235-bd29-749d661a8fa1 (1).png

anonymous23456

UPS will hang on forever until it quits doing delivery business. There is no guarantee that UPS will be in this business forever. Executive management can spin off the subsidiaries into separate companies or selling them. Bet your dollar that these people will figure out which companies they will move to in order to maximize their shares value!

Unionized workers will hang on forever until UPS is no more.

Supervisors and managers can always quit UPS and go somewhere else, safely retire, or get laid off.

It is that simple. In the end, Wall Street and Executive management win. The rest of us will have to figure out what crumbs are left on the table.

Last edited:

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
I will say that ups has created a class of temporary management wheres the teamsters have created a class of permanent teamsters

I can see this being true. While working PT as a sup, you can use your work experience to land you a FT management position at any warehouse/manufacture/distribution company.
However, for many Teamsters, being a driver marks the end of their career path. They will find it challenging To leverage their skills and experience gained when seeking other opportunities within or from other employers. No one is paying drivers as much as UPS is. Therefore, this leads to a permanent role as a teamster.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
I can see this being true. While working PT as a sup, you can use your work experience to land you a FT management position at any warehouse/manufacture/distribution company.
However, for many Teamsters, being a driver marks the end of their career path. They will find it challenging To leverage their skills and experience gained when seeking other opportunities within or from other employers. No one is paying drivers as much as UPS is. Therefore, this leads to a permanent role as a teamster.
Kys

You should not say "no one". That is not accurate. Maybe no one in parcel land...

Thebrownblob

we have rules on this site that we all agreed to. Fair is fair
Sure, although I have no idea why you’re here after your dreadful and ridiculous fit, throwing during the contract negotiations when you thought we were going to get screwed or go on strike lol. You would think you’d be embarrassed.