UPS/IBT retirement

Johney

Did you try calling the union hall?
. Did you get a withdrawal card?
Yes I contacted some friends from the union hall and they are looking into it. Luckily there is someone who may have the connections to see wtf is going on.
No I never pulled a withdrawal card because I was never told to.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yes I contacted some friends from the union hall and they are looking into it. Luckily there is someone who may have the connections to see wtf is going on.
No I never pulled a withdrawal card because I was never told to.
a withdrawal card really isn't necessary if you plan on never working as a Teamster again. When I retired I was done with working so didn't mess with it either.

oldngray

nowhere special
They came back three months later….so you’d do what?
I even had letters from them telling me they had all the paperwork and everything was good to go.

Then had them cancel my health insurance a month later.

You having proof helps but sucks to have to fight correcting their mistakes.

Last edited:

wkmac

Same here I worked the last day of the month was officially retired the first day of the next month and paid pension benefits for that month. Now it seems (months later) they claim that since I was terminated on the 1st I'm actually (to them) still employed and am not eligible to receive benefits for that month and they want it back. Now every bit of information they got from me before I left had those dates and their response was it's all good to go. Now they want the date of termination changed to my last work day. So I'm going in circles with HR on how to get it changed. No one I use to work for can access me in the system cause it's been month's. The pension people are useless and won't help.
Johney,

Your experience is not new as I've heard a couple of UPSers do exactly like you did and yep they had trouble exactly like you did. I retired several years back but when I did, I planned so that my official last day was the 28th which was a Friday and then Monday being the 31st would show me terminated. In fact the system posted my final day as the 28th and the system cleared me out something Saturday the 29th. My actual last work day was the 12th and the rest of the month were option days and finishing out vacation so the 28th was the last day of my eligible vacation for that year.

Sorry to hear about your situation and wishing you all the best. Takes a couple of months to get use to the new groove but when you do it's awesome. Wife and I are having the time of our life and neither of us miss work at all.

oldngray

nowhere special
One of the many reasons they are gone...🤔
They lost sight of employees being their customers. I called them with a problem once and they told me they didn't have the time to look through records to find a mistake of theirs because getting a report for their boss done was more important.