UPS/IBT retirement

Johney

Has anyone retired under the UPS/IBT pension plan on the last day of a month? In other words did you work on the last day of the month and get terminated/retired on the first day of the next month?

oldngray

nowhere special
Has anyone retired under the UPS/IBT pension plan on the last day of a month? In other words did you work on the last day of the month and get terminated/retired on the first day of the next month?
That was what I did. I could have retired earlier in the month but finished out the month and started retirement on the 1st of the next month. I think most people do it that way. I also finished out the last week since the month ended on a Friday.

Johney

That was what I did. I could have retired earlier in the month but finished out the month and started retirement on the 1st of the next month. I think most people do it that way. I also finished out the last week since the month ended on a Friday.
So what date did they code you out as terminated? The following Monday? Which would have been the 3rd? And were you paid a pension benefit on that first month?
Just answer the question.

oldngray

nowhere special
So what date did they code you out as terminated? The following Monday? Which would have been the 3rd? And were you paid a pension benefit on that first month?

I was officially retired the next day (Sat the 1st) and yes I got a pension check for that month. I never had any problems getting pension checks. The problem was health insurance was screwed up and took months to straighten out.

Johney

I was officially retired the next day (Sat the 1st) and yes I got a pension check for that month. I never had any problems getting pension checks. The problem was health insurance was screwed up and took months to straighten out.
Same here I worked the last day of the month was officially retired the first day of the next month and paid pension benefits for that month. Now it seems (months later) they claim that since I was terminated on the 1st I'm actually (to them) still employed and am not eligible to receive benefits for that month and they want it back. Now every bit of information they got from me before I left had those dates and their response was it's all good to go. Now they want the date of termination changed to my last work day. So I'm going in circles with HR on how to get it changed. No one I use to work for can access me in the system cause it's been month's. The pension people are useless and won't help.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

6B20A512-58A8-42EC-9C56-6F619C9D6954.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Same here I worked the last day of the month was officially retired the first day of the next month and paid pension benefits for that month. Now it seems (months later) they claim that since I was terminated on the 1st I'm actually (to them) still employed and am not eligible to receive benefits for that month and they want it back. Now every bit of information they got from me before I left had those dates and their response was it's all good to go. Now they want the date of termination changed to my last work day. So I'm going in circles with HR on how to get it changed. No one I use to work for can access me in the system cause it's been month's. The pension people are useless and won't help.
I wonder if you went back to work what would happen?

Johney

What's really funny if I can find humor in this is I was told call HR they'll fix it. Wait 48 hours and check. Ok did that. Then get told no you can't authorize that only your former manager can. Ok did that, I actually went there and he called while I was sitting there. Wait 48 hours and call back. To get told he can't do it the labor manager has to do it. WTF!

oldngray

nowhere special
I had a similar problem where someone in HR put terminated instead of retired in my file. It was for health insurance which uses a third party vendor. I sent all the paperwork they wanted and they would say everything was OK then say it wasn't. Two different departments not communicating with each other. My local HR was useless and he was never around or available (he worked harder at avoiding people than doing his job) plus people in Atlanta were clueless and could only read from their one size fits all script despite many locals having differences. Only way I found out was the problem was someone else in HR (involved with new hires - retirements weren't her job) looked at my file and spotted the problem. She couldn't do anything but bumped it upstairs to the boss of the local HR screwup. Had to be someone with database access to fix the problem.

They had things so screwed up they sent me a bill for my insurance premium, cashed my check, then said I had never sent in the paperwork they already told me they had. They sent back my premium and I had to sent it in again.

Johney

I had a similar problem where someone in HR put terminated instead of retired in my file. It was for health insurance which uses a third party vendor. I sent all the paperwork they wanted and they would say everything was OK then say it wasn't. Two different departments not communicating with each other. My local HR was useless and he was never around or available (he worked harder at avoiding people than doing his job) plus people in Atlanta were clueless and could only read from their one size fits all script despite many locals having differences. Only way I found out was the problem was someone else in HR (involved with new hires - retirements weren't her job) looked at my file and spotted the problem. She couldn't do anything but bumped it upstairs to the boss of the local HR screwup. Had to be someone with database access to fix the problem.

They had things so screwed up they sent me a bill for my insurance premium, cashed my check, then said I had never sent in the paperwork they already told me they had. They sent back my premium and I had to sent it in again.
I've had no problem with HR telling me "They" can fix it right here and now I just can't get them or anyone else to tell me how to get them to fix it. Every time I call I get a different person and get told a different person needs to approve it. :censored2:ing so stupid.

oldngray

nowhere special
I've had no problem with HR telling me "They" can fix it right here and now I just can't get them or anyone else to tell me how to get them to fix it. Every time I call I get a different person and get told a different person needs to approve it. :censored2:ing so stupid.
I never saw or talked to the HR guy who was supposed to handle things. Every phone call went to voicemail which he never ever answered (same for ignored emails). I went there in person and he was always out of the office or in a meeting and too busy to see anyone. It was after one of those visits the other woman in HR took pity and looked into the problem herself. And the union was less than useless and claimed they never heard of anyone else having problems although most of the people I knew who retired had troubles.

rod

Retired 22 years
I retired on the very first day I was proven to qualify for a 30 year pension. I didn't give a rats ass if it was a Monday or Friday.