UPS ID?

thebrownbox

So I was looking over what discounts I get and I see I have one for the UPS Store. well all was good until I saw it said just show your UPS ID card and I'm thinking to myself what ID card??

So I go in the next day and ask HR and he pulls out a polaroid camera but no film in the camera.

please tell me thats not the way the UPS ID card looks like? If so I could take my own picture myself...

Babagounj

Strength through joy
That is the first step, the picture which is laminated onto a card that is slightly larger than a credit card, which has security features built into it. These id cards are required along with any airport badges that have been issued to any employees that has airport access.

diesel96

Why don't you just ship from your Bldg's customer counter, it's still cheaper than The UPS Store even with a discount
Now the real question is why doesn't our Co. give it's employees discounts ?
Ups promotes outsourced discounts for their employees on the UPSERS website, but can't provide discounts on it's own shipping services for their employees.

SmithBarney

Do postal employees have to put 41 cent stamps on their letters??

heh, don't know.
Always wondered why big ol Brown wouldn't let us have a discount when I was there.

I do know that at FedEx we get 75% off shipping :D nice to ship a box overnight
cross country for 6$

Cementups

Box Monkey
Why don't you just ship from your Bldg's customer counter, it's still cheaper than The UPS Store even with a discount.

When UPS bought eh Mailboxes, Etc. chain that issue was eliminated. It was supposed to e the same price to go to either.

Also if you just do all the shipping from your own computer and print out your own label, then it is cheaper then both and you can take it to either location.

upsgrunt

When UPS bought eh Mailboxes, Etc. chain that issue was eliminated. It was supposed to e the same price to go to either.

Also if you just do all the shipping from your own computer and print out your own label, then it is cheaper then both and you can take it to either location.

Or better yet, add it too your p/u log as an unscheduled pick up, scan it, and stop complete

thebrownbox

Ah good thing my friend is giving me some tips and stuff otherwise I'd feel lost here.. he showed me his ID card and it indeed is a laminated card I guess some stuff just takes time...

:anxious:

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
Ah good thing my friend is giving me some tips and stuff otherwise I'd feel lost here.. he showed me his ID card and it indeed is a laminated card I guess some stuff just takes time...

:anxious:

go to your HR and they can make one for you on the spot. ( the cheap ID that loaders get)

Big Babooba

Or better yet, add it too your p/u log as an unscheduled pick up, scan it, and stop complete
You could get bagged for fabricating a stop. If the customer walks up to you with an internet label package, it is treated the same as an ARS. If you have to go to the customer's residence or business, then you take credit for the stop.

You could get bagged for fabricating a stop. If the customer walks up to you with an internet label package, it is treated the same as an ARS. If you have to go to the customer's residence or business, then you take credit for the stop.
That's correct, the company should not be giving you .3 seconds of allowance, that would be theft of time.:sick: