UPS is a disgrace

clean hairy

Just have every driver in by 7:00. Loads go out earlier, get in earlier. Simple.
I believe they had to be in by 7 in the 70's so that customers could pick up their items at same day will call.
Today, the customer drives to the counter and is unable to pick up their items due to the driver still being on the route late.
The customer then has to come back the next day.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Its not the package cars holding things up its the feeder pickups. Every one wants 6pm pickups and 75% of the volume rolls in after 7pm.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Its not the package cars holding things up its the feeder pickups. Every one wants 6pm pickups and 75% of the volume rolls in after 7pm.
In my experience, the CPU/TDP/Feeder pickups were made around 3 - 4 and PCs would come by and get the rest.
The TDP were filling every unload door at sort start.
I don't think I was in before 8 p.m. but maybe a dozen times a year.

rod

Retired 22 years
I believe they had to be in by 7 in the 70's so that customers could pick up their items at same day will call.
Today, the customer drives to the counter and is unable to pick up their items due to the driver still being on the route late.
The customer then has to come back the next day.

In the 70's we had to be back by 9:15 pm. that's when the feeders pulled. Not counting peak--being out until 9 didn't happen too often but it did once in awhile. In the spring when everyone was getting their Gurney seeds and trees we worked long hours also.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
In the 70's we had to be back by 9:15 pm. that's when the feeders pulled. Not counting peak--being out until 9 didn't happen too often but it did once in awhile. In the spring when everyone was getting their Gurney seeds and trees we worked long hours also.

I remember delivering those sticks that were gonna be trees someday leaving them on the back porch

Go back 3 months later still laying in the same spot

Next year same story

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'd like to see how that center runs. Seriously. Is a former child prodigy center manager able to make enough decisions himself/herself that it makes a big difference in day to day operations? If yes, I'm jealous. But I'm generally of the impression that a center manager doesn't get to make many that really matter.
He became an ORS at 21 while finishing school. He's a hard working guy and smart as hell. I'm not in his division anymore, so I don't interact with people who deal with him all that much. But I know since he's been there the grievance count has gone down and he's fired at least one sup for on going harassment issues. He doesn't play games with anyone. He's a straight shooter, but fair.

I'd put a large sum of money on him reaching CEO someday.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
He became an ORS at 21 while finishing school. He's a hard working guy and smart as hell. I'm not in his division anymore, so I don't interact with people who deal with him all that much. But I know since he's been there the grievance count has gone down and he's fired at least one sup for on going harassment issues. He doesn't play games with anyone. He's a straight shooter, but fair.

I'd put a large sum of money on him reaching CEO someday.

How is he at counting beans

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Females have an advantage.
UPS has tons of minorities but still not that many females in leadership positions.
A minority female in this company is a ticket to a high power job you may not be capable of. Old district manager, believe she's in Ohio now, black female. Talk about someone with no idea what she was doing. But she'll be here forever

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A minority female in this company is a ticket to a high power job you may not be capable of. Old district manager, believe she's in Ohio now, black female. Talk about someone with no idea what she was doing. But she'll be here forever
Unfortunately, you are correct but fortunately, I was never interested in going any higher than 2 Units of stock.

rod

Retired 22 years

I always liked delivering the fruit trees and Zoiza grass in Mn. You knew they were toast and didn't stand a chance in hell of growing.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
ITS a sad day in the history of UPS when having a average of 60 late airs a day in the center is now normal day and accepted....sad
But ever since I've started, I've made more money every year. You see, managers need to achieve 10 goals to get their big bonus. They will do anything to achieve these even if the customer or company is negatively affected by it.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
But ever since I've started, I've made more money every year. You see, managers need to achieve 10 goals to get their big bonus. They will do anything to achieve these even if the customer or company is negatively affected by it.
well since late airs are one of those goals, i don't see how what you said is relevant here..

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I wish we used these rules at our company.

1."The future of the package industry is in the air"

2."A fair day's work for a fair day's pay"

3."Don't make company demands that border on harassment"

4."They are advised to constantly seek better, safer work methods." 

5."Provide the best possible service for the least money."

6."Always promote from our own ranks" 

7."No stock outside the company"

8."Treat your people well and the company will florish."

9."Stay close to your employees."

10."Personal pride and dignity are essential to each employee, without this management fails and the company will not prosper."