UPS is a disgrace

dudebro

initially the plan is just to handle the work that we currently have

The gamble is that in the future we will have more business volume because of our additional offering now
He's right.

And the BD group has this growth built into their plans right now. And we're building hubs like the ones we've publicly announced in Atlanta and Salt Lake City to handle the additional volume. There will be great focus on ensuring we have the revenue base to support the jobs.

The question, as always, is, will we hit it?

dudebro

So you fail to plan for most likely scenario, sounds like a brilliant idea.

Someone in that management org chart is an idiot, and it's not FrigidFTSup. The local management has no control over the air trailer arrival. Whomever is misusing the "planning to fail" cliche in that instance should have curly, pointy hair like the Dilbert guy.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Someone in that management org chart is an idiot, and it's not FrigidFTSup. The local management has no control over the air trailer arrival. Whomever is misusing the "planning to fail" cliche in that instance should have curly, pointy hair like the Dilbert guy.
I don't think Jim Casey had you in mind when he said, "Determined men can do anything".

dudebro

I don't think Jim Casey had you in mind when he said, "Determined men can do anything".
ok tough guy. you head over to the airport, stand on the runway, and act "determined". see if it helps. I'll finish the preload on time with a plan that has a chance to work.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
the simple fact is SDF is over worked

that's okay, because certain IE groups have figured out a solution that corporate doesn't realize yet

dudebro

the simple fact is SDF is over worked

that's okay, because certain IE groups have figured out a solution that corporate doesn't realize yet
True in a way - 1100 buildings each think their 100 misflow packages to Louisville don't matter, but they add up.

Can't wait to see the secret plan!