UPS is a joke! Not what it use to be and flat out sucks!!!!

tiredofbrown123

just make it thru probation. if its anything like my building then you can slow down after that. if they tell you that your not going fast enough tell them exactly this '' im going as fast as i can go safely without hurting myself'' if they say anything else, file harrassment.

tiredofbrown123

im not telling you not to work hard. if you ever plan on driving then it would be a good idea to have ''some'' favor with the bosses. but ill tell you this, there are atleast three ppl on my shift that do whatever they want for the most part. they know they cant get fired . and if they do they'll get their job back. work there a while. you'll see.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
For some damn reason I've always wanted to work here. Everyone says its a good career move if college isn't your thing. So after years of applying and checking the careers website, I finally get an appointment for a interview. I was sooooo ready to start, but little did I know how much of an terrible experience this would be! First, the HR supervisor said they were hiring for both preload and twilight shifts. I applied for twilight. It took over a month to start because somehow they were hiring for twilight but had no openings. Once I started, there was not one friendly person in the entire hub, my supervisor was weird as hell, and he expected me to be as good as his other feeder loaders on my first couple of nights. The waist belt holding my terminal was broken so I had to put it on the floor and was unable to hear if my packages were scanned or not. My barcode finger scanner was broken, my laser kept going out every two minutes, causing packages to backup even more. The rollers wouldn't lock in place, so every time I move it forward so I could start a new a wall it would slam into my foot. Its hell trying to move this thing when your boxes are backed up! My eye swelled shut due to dust and debris, and the sweat irritated it more. My supervisor never show me how to build a wall, he just said "play tetris, play tetris!", then he would be pissed if I wasn't stacking right. At times I would look outside my trailer and see nothing but darknest! Everyone left when they were finish but when I finished early I was told to go help this people and that person but he never sent help my way. I knew 2 small sort guys and 1 guy from pickoff so they would come help me on their way out. I asked them for advice on building my walls but they were no help! Fortunately for them they were brought in through a temp service years ago, so they never had the pleasure of doing this! Its been 3 weeks and I still haven't received a paycheck! Nothing was directly deposited in my account and no one has a paper check for me. The only thing I was told was "let me get with our HR guy and call you back".... 2 days later and still haven't received a call. To sum it up; bruises, cuts, excruciating pain, broken equipment, extreme lack of teamwork, crappy supervisor, a year wait for health benefits, and its my third week and I'm still waiting on my first paycheck! This has been the worst experience of my life and it sucks because I really hoped to stay forever and retire from this place. To make matters worse, the economy is so insane no one wants to retire which means no room for advancement at all, which means, due to seniority I will live this nightmare for at least 2 years and all for $8.50! Even when the raises come if they ever do, it still isn't worth the hassle! Now I understand how older guys make so much money. If you can put up with this crap for 15-30 years you deserve a healthy paycheck!
Next!

Climbingtheladder

Lol
For some damn reason I've always wanted to work here. Everyone says its a good career move if college isn't your thing. So after years of applying and checking the careers website, I finally get an appointment for a interview. I was sooooo ready to start, but little did I know how much of an terrible experience this would be! First, the HR supervisor said they were hiring for both preload and twilight shifts. I applied for twilight. It took over a month to start because somehow they were hiring for twilight but had no openings. Once I started, there was not one friendly person in the entire hub, my supervisor was weird as hell, and he expected me to be as good as his other feeder loaders on my first couple of nights. The waist belt holding my terminal was broken so I had to put it on the floor and was unable to hear if my packages were scanned or not. My barcode finger scanner was broken, my laser kept going out every two minutes, causing packages to backup even more. The rollers wouldn't lock in place, so every time I move it forward so I could start a new a wall it would slam into my foot. Its hell trying to move this thing when your boxes are backed up! My eye swelled shut due to dust and debris, and the sweat irritated it more. My supervisor never show me how to build a wall, he just said "play tetris, play tetris!", then he would be pissed if I wasn't stacking right. At times I would look outside my trailer and see nothing but darknest! Everyone left when they were finish but when I finished early I was told to go help this people and that person but he never sent help my way. I knew 2 small sort guys and 1 guy from pickoff so they would come help me on their way out. I asked them for advice on building my walls but they were no help! Fortunately for them they were brought in through a temp service years ago, so they never had the pleasure of doing this! Its been 3 weeks and I still haven't received a paycheck! Nothing was directly deposited in my account and no one has a paper check for me. The only thing I was told was "let me get with our HR guy and call you back".... 2 days later and still haven't received a call. To sum it up; bruises, cuts, excruciating pain, broken equipment, extreme lack of teamwork, crappy supervisor, a year wait for health benefits, and its my third week and I'm still waiting on my first paycheck! This has been the worst experience of my life and it sucks because I really hoped to stay forever and retire from this place. To make matters worse, the economy is so insane no one wants to retire which means no room for advancement at all, which means, due to seniority I will live this nightmare for at least 2 years and all for $8.50! Even when the raises come if they ever do, it still isn't worth the hassle! Now I understand how older guys make so much money. If you can put up with this crap for 15-30 years you deserve a healthy paycheck!
welcome

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
just make it thru probation. if its anything like my building then you can slow down after that. if they tell you that your not going fast enough tell them exactly this '' im going as fast as i can go safely without hurting myself'' if they say anything else, file harrassment.
That's fanscinating....tell me more about how to do my job.

Climbingtheladder

Lol welcome to ups! Ahh the life of the warehouse work .. If you want the job you thought of when you applied you will have to earn it every single day!! It gets better you have only been there for 3 weeks everyone expects you to quit tomorrow anyway .. Earn your respect .. Work hard and don't go management !!!! .. Ever!!!! And just remember everyone is going threw the same thing you are and remember what you said you didn't go to college .. So cuts bruises is your job now

brownboy1