UPS is a joke! Not what it use to be and flat out sucks!!!!

Gross67

I decided I am quitting my pre-load job. Anyone who can go to work at 3:00am and do continuous lifting I salute you. My supervisor not going to not be happy that I am leaving after the 3rd day. Luckily I didnt quit my other job right away. It's funny because on my first day they said most new hires quit after the first week. Now I know why...

PT Car Washer

I decided I am quitting my pre-load job. Anyone who can go to work at 3:00am and do continuous lifting I salute you. My supervisor not going to not be happy that I am leaving after the 3rd day. Luckily I didnt quit my other job right away. It's funny because on my first day they said most new hires quit after the first week. Now I know why...
Would you stay for the right money?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You do realize you just quit a 90k job right? Granted this job sucks now the money is there though.I had a frend who actually made it to fulltime driving and then quit. They were screwing him around by not training him on any routes. They left him on the same route for like 6 months. Then after xmas he was kinda left with nothing to run. I told him to file a grievance but he wouldnt. That was lik 6 years ago. You know what hes been doing since then , bouncing around from job to job trying to find a decent paying job. Surprise their aint nothing aout there . Only the mentally strong survive on this job. I guess youll look back on your life now and know you under acheived, because you werent mentally strong and didnt have the intestinal fortitude and drive to push through the toughness of this job. If your mentally weak on this job youll never make it. Point proven. Good luck for the next couple years trying to find a decent paying job. Youll look back like my friend did and regret quiting this job.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Thats the problem with kids nowadays. They will quit something when the going gets tough. They dont want to work hard. Bunch of little girls lol.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll

So dry your tears I say......no woman no cry......no woman no cry........here little darlin no shed no tears.....no woman no cry...

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
When I get my license, I'll be done with this site......can't wait.

But you'll also need a car and you're legally required to insure that car. The latter isn't cheap in NYC. There's oodles of people who live in NYC but work in NJ, drive a car, but park it near the NJ/NY border & take mass transit home just because insurance is cost prohibitive.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
But you'll also need a car and you're legally required to insure that car. The latter isn't cheap in NYC. There's oodles of people who live in NYC but work in NJ, drive a car, but park it near the NJ/NY border & take mass transit home just because insurance is cost prohibitive.

Don't worry, I'll find a way. I'll just jump on one of my family members' plan and buy a cheap $2000 stick shift used car. I'm on my way baby!!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Thats the problem with society today. Peope only think about the now and not the future. Yeah it might suck now when your making chump change and working your kahunas off and working 2 jobs to make ends meet. What they dont realize about this job is there is alot of light at the end of the tunnel and big cheese to make. Just have to mentally strong and be patient to get to the big reward.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Thats the problem with kids nowadays. They will quit something when the going gets tough. They dont want to work hard. Bunch of little girls lol.

During the recession, my facility became bloated with drivers & in lieu of hiring new Preloaders, offered drivers the opportunity to work PT at top rate. Many eagerly agreed to the one-week commitment. Nearly all of them -- earning (at the time) nearly $30/hour -- lasted no more than a couple days before begging to drive the rest of the week.

And while I'm a hard worker, there's no way I'd do this job (load 4 trucks consisting of over 1000 pieces in less than 4 hours) today for $9.50, unless I needed the insurance.

He is not a driver. PT preloader. My question was how much money would it take to put up with all the junk.

FWIW, UPS pays its PTers significantly more in Canada (perhaps because of socialized health care).

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Thats the problem with society today. Peope only think about the now and not the future. Yeah it might suck now when your making chump change and working your kahunas off and working 2 jobs to make ends meet. What they dont realize about this job is there is alot of light at the end of the tunnel and big cheese to make. Just have to mentally strong and be patient to get to the big reward.

That's the only reason why I didn't quit on my probation and and tell my ft sup and manager to go eff themselves. Now they treat me much much much better. I can say I actually LOVE my job which I never tought I would say.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
During the recession, my facility became bloated with drivers & in lieu of hiring new Preloaders, offered drivers the opportunity to work PT at top rate. Many eagerly agreed to the one-week commitment. Nearly all of them -- earning (at the time) nearly $30/hour -- lasted no more than a couple days before begging to drive the rest of the week.

And while I'm a hard worker, there's no way I'd do this job (load 4 trucks consisting of over 1000 pieces in less than 4 hours) today for $9.50, unless I needed the insurance.

FWIW, UPS pays its PTers significantly more in Canada (perhaps because of socialized health care).

No, it's because the canucks a hard left wing extremist...in a good way.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Thats the bs you have to deal with to get to fulltime. I agree with ya it is bs. But thats how the game is played. The question you have to ask yourself are you willing to endure the mental and physical test their putting you through now to get to the point where your making 75k to 90k a year. Do you think you will find a job that pays that much?