UPS is once again doing the very minimum to protect its behind the scenes employees

Lifetimer

How many of you work at the worldport hub ? Those of us that do have to go through filthy turnstiles , put our lunchboxes through filthy xray machines and ride on shuttles that are as dirty or worse than the public Tarc buses . As we all know ups will always do the very minimum they have to do to protect their behind the scenes employees. At this point we are not only endangering our own lives but the lives of our loved ones such as our spouses, our children , our parents and literally everyone that we come into contact with. I'm not sure whom we can turn to for help because we also know our union is worthless and we need someone to notice what's going on before it's too late . The lack of precautions that ups is taking is only going to cause the COVID-19 virus to spread even worse. I have talked to my upper management team and very few changes have been made.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
It just goes to show how this company is. It's not they are doing the very minimum, they are doing absolutely nothing at all. Just keep yourself safe.

Days

Good luck out there this week. I’m in quarantine and won’t be coming in. Fire me idc, going to get my job back anyways. This is a time to look after and spend time with loved ones. My grandma has a sinus infection and my grandpa has bronchitis. My other grandma is 90, battled cancer, and has problems with her blood pressure. Do what you can imo, never know when things will go bad and if one of your family members dies because you failed to quarantine, you’ll never forgive yourself and live with guilt the rest of your life.

Don’t go to work, a new job will come

Lifetimer

So , I'm just suppose to protect myself ? I believe that I made myself pretty clear but I try to explain this a little better. Everything we come into contact with while coming into work is a cesspool full of germs , we have very few choices of how to protect ourselves. We can use all of our vacation time, if that's even possible and hope that this virus is gone by the time we run out of vacation time , which is not likely , or quite a job that many of us have spent most of our lives at , or just not care about what happens to anybody around us or ourselves. Sorry but the last choice is one of the biggest problems in the world today .

Days

So , I'm just suppose to protect myself ? I believe that I made myself pretty clear but I try to explain this a little better. Everything we come into contact with while coming into work is a cesspool full of germs , we have very few choices of how to protect ourselves. We can use all of our vacation time, if that's even possible and hope that this virus is gone by the time we run out of vacation time , which is not likely , or quite a job that many of us have spent most of our lives at , or just not care about what happens to anybody around us or ourselves. Sorry but the last choice is one of the biggest problems in the world today .

Yes, you make choices in life. Do the money and benefits that UPS provides outweigh your principles. If you still go into work, then you have your answer

MattM

Is worldport still operational? When they close domestic travel, are we considered commercial?

My area may see a curfew. How am I going to make it to work? Are we considered essential employee's?

We have pilots coming from Louisville and Ontario. Who knows what other routes these guys have taken over the last two weeks.

Then we have these boxes that get sweated on and touched by dozens of people all over the country.

Now I feel bad. We run feeder planes to smaller isolated towns. Without us, their orders do not get loaded or delivered.

542thruNthru

Good luck out there this week. I’m in quarantine and won’t be coming in. Fire me idc, going to get my job back anyways. This is a time to look after and spend time with loved ones. My grandma has a sinus infection and my grandpa has bronchitis. My other grandma is 90, battled cancer, and has problems with her blood pressure. Do what you can imo, never know when things will go bad and if one of your family members dies because you failed to quarantine, you’ll never forgive yourself and live with guilt the rest of your life.

Don’t go to work, a new job will come

Quarantine is if you're infected. I think the words you're looking for is fetal position.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
How many of you work at the worldport hub ? Those of us that do have to go through filthy turnstiles , put our lunchboxes through filthy xray machines and ride on shuttles that are as dirty or worse than the public Tarc buses . As we all know ups will always do the very minimum they have to do to protect their behind the scenes employees. At this point we are not only endangering our own lives but the lives of our loved ones such as our spouses, our children , our parents and literally everyone that we come into contact with. I'm not sure whom we can turn to for help because we also know our union is worthless and we need someone to notice what's going on before it's too late . The lack of precautions that ups is taking is only going to cause the COVID-19 virus to spread even worse. I have talked to my upper management team and very few changes have been made.

An outbreak of a virus doesn't make germophobia any less pathological.

How do you know these things are germ infested? Have you done any cultures? Have you tried licking stuff and see if you get sick?

Days

An outbreak of a virus doesn't make germophobia any less pathological.

How do you know these things are germ infested? Have you done any cultures? Have you tried licking stuff and see if you get sick?

It’s not good.

Yup, college was a blast, I made it out disease free somehow.

There can be parasites on surfaces. I heard a story about a guy going around licking things and next thing he was paralyzed.

M

MenInBrown

Spread even worst? Hardly no one in America has this.