UPS is once again doing the very minimum to protect its behind the scenes employees

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
How many of you work at the worldport hub ? Those of us that do have to go through filthy turnstiles , put our lunchboxes through filthy xray machines and ride on shuttles that are as dirty or worse than the public Tarc buses . As we all know ups will always do the very minimum they have to do to protect their behind the scenes employees. At this point we are not only endangering our own lives but the lives of our loved ones such as our spouses, our children , our parents and literally everyone that we come into contact with. I'm not sure whom we can turn to for help because we also know our union is worthless and we need someone to notice what's going on before it's too late . The lack of precautions that ups is taking is only going to cause the COVID-19 virus to spread even worse. I have talked to my upper management team and very few changes have been made.

My god the hysteria around this Corona virus is insane. Have you thought of the cure for corona virus? Wrap yourself in 50 rolls of toilet paper and you have zero chance of getting it. My connection at the charmin company told me this. So it must be true. Secondly no ups does not care about you, me or anybody else for that matter. You can either accept that or move on to a new company. 2 or 3 years ago we had -53° windchill here in indiana. The post office (for the first time in 113 years) said it's too cold, fedex said it's too col and dhl said it's too cold. Ups said bundle up.tight buddy I heard its chilly out there. Get over it and show up to work. Use common sense. Wear gloves, wash hands, use sanitizer when needed, bring lysol and stop shaking hands or touching your face. We will survive the common cold scare or I'm sorry I mean Corona virus scare of 2020.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
My god the hysteria around this Corona virus is insane. Have you thought of the cure for corona virus? Wrap yourself in 50 rolls of toilet paper and you have zero chance of getting it. My connection at the charmin company told me this. So it must be true. Secondly no ups does not care about you, me or anybody else for that matter. You can either accept that or move on to a new company. 2 or 3 years ago we had -53° windchill here in indiana. The post office (for the first time in 113 years) said it's too cold, fedex said it's too col and dhl said it's too cold. Ups said bundle up.tight buddy I heard its chilly out there. Get over it and show up to work. Use common sense. Wear gloves, wash hands, use sanitizer when needed, bring lysol and stop shaking hands or touching your face. We will survive the common cold scare or I'm sorry I mean Corona virus scare of 2020.
D89E3DF1-26A4-46B4-A723-78A114668412.gif

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I am out of Ohio..Governor shutting down everything..No one has died yet from the active cases as of March 16th.

We were told not to let the diad escape your hands, signature requests will be handled with RTS..Name. Every customer I had contact with on Friday were more that happy to avoid any extra physical contact with me or the diad.

Keep some distance, the six foot range will not happen. Wipe down everything with clorox or bleach...Our old building is dirty and currently I do not see any extra activity of make it cleaner.
Beware of the young part timers who believe they are invincible who will come to work coughing up some fur balls. I do not associate with any of them, if they come to close I give them that LOOK..

watdaflock?

So , I'm just suppose to protect myself ? I believe that I made myself pretty clear but I try to explain this a little better. Everything we come into contact with while coming into work is a cesspool full of germs , we have very few choices of how to protect ourselves. We can use all of our vacation time, if that's even possible and hope that this virus is gone by the time we run out of vacation time , which is not likely , or quite a job that many of us have spent most of our lives at , or just not care about what happens to anybody around us or ourselves. Sorry but the last choice is one of the biggest problems in the world today .
Wear gloves, use hand sanitizer, and if makes you hope....pray.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How many of you work at the worldport hub ? Those of us that do have to go through filthy turnstiles , put our lunchboxes through filthy xray machines and ride on shuttles that are as dirty or worse than the public Tarc buses . As we all know ups will always do the very minimum they have to do to protect their behind the scenes employees. At this point we are not only endangering our own lives but the lives of our loved ones such as our spouses, our children , our parents and literally everyone that we come into contact with. I'm not sure whom we can turn to for help because we also know our union is worthless and we need someone to notice what's going on before it's too late . The lack of precautions that ups is taking is only going to cause the COVID-19 virus to spread even worse. I have talked to my upper management team and very few changes have been made.

If this is so upsetting to you

why not stay home until the smoke clears?

Box_Troll

I live in Washington State.. Pre-load at the Spokane airport..

I just listened to the Gov of NY. It was a real sobering speech in regards to his smart actions that he is implementing. In comparison to NY, Washington State is at the very top of confirmed coronavirus cases and deaths. Three weeks ago as I watched the numbers across the globe, it was not rocket science to see what the US was in for. Which I fully expect to be 100 times that of countries like Italy, China, South Korea and others, as we have a completely failed government at the federal level, incapable of sound leadership or action..

It will be the swift and drastic measures of our State and local governments that may be our saving grace. Because of the US having such a failed federal government, I prepared in plenty of time, weeks ago for what I could see was going to be the inevitable need to simply stay home and self quarantine..

I am not returning to work and kicking in our pre-planned preparations for self quarantine..

Some of the appropriate measures our State governor Inslee has so far initiated include:

1. The closure of all restaurants, bars and recreational facilities.

2. All gatherings with over 50 participants are prohibited and all gatherings under 50 participants are prohibited unless previously announced criteria for public health and social distancing are met.

3. All schools K-12 are now closed through out the entire State

Other happenings in our State include:

4. Washington State universities, colleges, technical, and trade schools are now starting to require students to do their courses online as they either cancel or postpone campus classes.. Students are also beginning to receive notices that they will have to leave their current on campus housing and dorms.

5. Large stores like Walmart, Winco, and Costco that have always been 24 hour stores are now closed from 11:00 pm until 6:00 am

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

I just listened to the Gov of NY. It was a real sobering speech in regards to his smart actions that he is implementing. In comparison to NY, Washington State is at the very top of confirmed coronavirus cases and deaths. Three weeks ago as I watched the numbers across the globe, it was not rocket science to see what the US was in for. Which I fully expect to be 100 times that of countries like Italy, China, South Korea and others, as we have a completely failed government at the federal level, incapable of sound leadership or action..

It will be the swift and drastic measures of our State and local governments that may be our saving grace. Because of the US having such a failed federal government, I prepared in plenty of time, weeks ago for what I could see was going to be the inevitable need to simply stay home and self quarantine..

I am not returning to work and kicking in our pre-planned preparations for self quarantine..

Some of the appropriate measures our State governor Inslee has so far initiated include:

2. All gatherings with over 50 participants are prohibited and all gatherings under 50 participants are prohibited unless previously announced criteria for public health and social distancing are met.

4. Washington State universities, colleges, technical, and trade schools are now starting to require students to do their courses online as they either cancel or postpone campus classes.. Students are also beginning to receive notices that they will have to leave their current on campus housing and dorms.

5. Large stores like Walmart, Winco, and Costco that have always been 24 hour stores are now closed from 11:00 pm until 6:00 am
Idiotic extreme measures that hurt everyone.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You got the whole prepper room going on

542thruNthru

Spokane WA has 3 confirmed cases of coronavirus. You better lock yourself in your house. You're going to die if you don't.

If you're so worried then just stay home. I mean it sounds like a easy choice.

Live or have a job.