UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Could be. Don't know. Just doesn't seem like a legit company proposal.

Saw this (Union) proposal last year at the beginning of our negotiations at the hall..word for word, have the pamphlet somewhere.

Still a long road ahead…and time is running out.

Just study the first leaked Company proposal, they were only going to increase the IBT/UPS pension by 150 dollars a month now compare it to this proposal’s pension formulas…

:fantasysmiley: If you believe this one is settled.

At least they are talking, a handshake agreement by the 5th of July?

:bdayiggy:

Last edited:

Red Headed Stranger

If it were true (which I doubt), then under Article 34 Section (1) has completely disappeared. What, no part-time pension anymore? No dollar amounts are mentioned for each year of credited service? In the prior contract, after 2008, a part-timer received $60.00 for each year of credited service. No mention of this in the current "proposed" contract.

Last edited:

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Saw this (Union) proposal last year at the beginning of our negotiations at the hall..word for word, have the pamphlet somewhere.

Still a long road ahead…and time is running out.

Just study the first leaked Company proposal, they were only going to increase the IBT/UPS pension by 150 dollars a month now compare it to this proposal’s pension formulas…

:fantasysmiley: If you believe this one is settled.

At least they are talking, a handshake agreement by the 5th of July?

:bdayiggy:
They stated they’re going to work the entire weekend. :censored2:, I can’t stand this teasing anymore, lol.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
If it were true (which I doubt), then under Article 34 Section (1) has completely disappeared. What, no part-time pension anymore? No dollar amounts are mentioned for each year of credited service? In the prior contract, after 2008, a part-timer received $60.00 for each year of credited service. No mention of this in the current "proposed" contract.

Saw that also…left out for some reason..?

Just speculating..maybe they will convert the part timers’ pensions into a 401k match (3 %) similar to what they did with their management.

The Union proposal does indicate increasing credit hours for all part time service effective 1 August 2002. I brought this up in the past , they could transfer assets from the UPS Pension Plan for part timers and put it into the IBT/UPS Pension Plan. This could be a positive, especially for the full timers that have past part time service, which currently pays next to nothing.

Also reducing the pension eligibility from age 21 to 18 would be a plus.

Last edited:

Red Headed Stranger

Saw that also…left out for some reason..?

Just speculating..maybe they will convert the part timers’ pensions into a 401k match (3 %) similar to what they did with their management.

The Union proposal does indicate increasing credit hours for all part time service effective 1 August 2002. I brought this up in the past , they could transfer assets from the UPS Pension Plan for part timers and put it into the IBT/UPS Pension Plan. This could be a positive, especially for the full timers that have past part time service, which currently pays next to nothing.

Also reducing the pension eligibility from age 21 to 18 would be a plus.
The 3% 401k match would NOT be a good thing for part-timers that won't make the 25, 30, 35 year mark. Example: Part-timer with 10 years that retires under old plan at age 65 would receive $600 per month for the rest of their life ($7,200/year). Under a 401k plan, if they make $20,000 per year and only put in 3% themselves in order to receive the 3% company match, they would end up with $1,200 per YEAR +/- any growth or reduction, depending on the stock market. I'll take the guaranteed pension amount any day!

The 3% 401k match would NOT be a good thing for part-timers that won't make the 25, 30, 35 year mark. Example: Part-timer with 10 years that retires under old plan at age 65 would receive $600 per month for the rest of their life ($7,200/year). Under a 401k plan, if they make $20,000 per year and only put in 3% themselves in order to receive the 3% company match, they would end up with $1,200 per YEAR +/- any growth or reduction, depending on the stock market. I'll take the guaranteed pension amount any day!
How many part timers only work here a couple of years and get absolutely nothing from the pension contributions
At least with a 401k match they would have a little something

Kirk79

The 14 Hour Friday club I’ve been a member for a while ✊

I once worked till 12:30am Saturday because they changed my start time to 10:30 in order to “control my hours” lol jokes on you idiots!

@MECH-II
The worst part is that we have over a dozen full time drivers laid off and have been since January

Red Headed Stranger

How many part timers only work here a couple of years and get absolutely nothing from the pension contributions
At least with a 401k match they would have a little something
Very true. But most wouldn't even put in 3% to get the match. Most of the part timers I work with said because they don't make much, they put absolutely nothing into the 401k now. Maybe if they get a substantial raise, that might change. I do a considerable amount into the 401k already but personally, I'd rather have the pension.

Very true. But most wouldn't even put in 3% to get the match. Most of the part timers I work with said because they don't make much, they put absolutely nothing into the 401k now. Maybe if they get a substantial raise, that might change. I do a considerable amount into the 401k already but personally, I'd rather have the pension.
I like to see a combination of both.
Pension is nice trust me I'm getting close but it's not going to give me enough money to live a lifestyle that I want to. So thankfully I have money invested in the 401K anymore if IRA because you not get raises in your pension

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Thats a no vote for me. We will be responsible for any package over $300 if it goes missing? Forget that horse crap.
If thats not removed, then its absokutly back door for all deliveries for all stops, period. Out of site