Ups lay offs.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Why is there so much talk of ups laying off drivers and part timers. ? Is fedex taking over the delivery business and ups is going to shut down? Asking because I was planning on making a career out of ups. Serious question

Amazon took 80 percent of our volume so UPS is laying off 73.46 percent of union workers after the new year ..

You should just not even bother coming in Wednesday.. just fill out a Amazon app now. That's what I did, starting as a airplane mechanic next week. 12 a hour and no experience working on planes but it's ok working on UPS trucks truck is close enough.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
That was a serious question I wasn’t trying to be ridiculous.
Whatever attrition that is needed to reduce our workforce has always happened in seniority order. If you worked here for a few months, you get to work here forever.

Getting pushed down to part-time work however, is a possibility.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
A45F5987-49D9-40C8-B3A6-960D52D0B199.gif
That was a serious question I wasn’t trying to be ridiculous.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Kudos to the ones that can get FT b4 the new contract is enforced. UPS is going to see a hugh profit if they abuse the class of drivers like I know they will.

dudebro

Whatever attrition that is needed to reduce our workforce has always happened in seniority order. If you worked here for a few months, you get to work here forever.

Getting pushed down to part-time work however, is a possibility.
This is true, we can usually "attrit" 10% in 6-12 months in a metro area just by pausing the hiring.

Might be a little different with the Walmart guy around, so this should be interesting.