UPS Management is so heartless

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Why because it's a nice gesture? Something the average Teamster wouldn't understand?
The average Teamster- correction- the UPS or railroad teamster is apt to get JOB INSURANCE for WHEN they get fired.

No other industry, even Longshoremen (who are vigorously attacked due to the wage they command) has to have this as an option because of such high failure quotas. See below:

F3C6A64F-AD60-4162-8F0B-852C365BB944.png
A362B3F3-8B03-404B-BBE1-22A92427EB73.png
0D015E72-2E7E-4373-B048-32E9BE40D7D4.png

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
The average Teamster- correction- the UPS or railroad teamster is apt to get JOB INSURANCE for WHEN they get fired.

No other industry, even Longshoremen (who are vigorously attacked due to the wage they command) has to have this as an option because of such high failure quotas. See below:

View attachment 400504View attachment 400505View attachment 400506
And I don’t sell this :censored2:. I just haven’t come across a single human being who felt the need for insurance- to the point of paying for it, for when their employer decides to put them on the street. Even temporarily just to show that employee who’s boss

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
When the building I was working at at the time had a mass shooting and 5 drivers died, the very next day the district manager was clasping his hands together saying “welp, today is gonna be a loss”. That perfectly sums up how much UPS gives a fahq about you or your family.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
When the building I was working at at the time had a mass shooting and 5 drivers died, the very next day the district manager was clasping his hands together saying “welp, today is gonna be a loss”. That perfectly sums up how much UPS gives a fahq about you or your family.
Ups is a wizard at covering up media coverage. Wonder how much this cost them.
I'll bet it was more than the accusations that drivers weren't allowed to go to a restroom to piss.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Ups is a wizard at covering up media coverage. Wonder how much this cost them.
I'll bet it was more than the accusations that drivers weren't allowed to go to a restroom to piss.
Or that we’re “well trained to work in excessive heat” after a driver on camera collapses.

SenseiTurtleMan

Slowest Driver Ever
correct mgmt have no soul. If you have a chance you nail them with anything and everything the contract allows. You kick them while they are down. These people are literally the worst form of human life, cry bullies. They instigate and harass you with every offensive action they can, and then when they know the tide has shifted they cry and play victim. You cannot relent with these people period keep filing and keep attacking until they are held accountable and or terminated.

Changingtimes99

I have never worked for a company more cold hearted than UPS. When my father passed in 2003 I called in and the first thing my manager said was bring in proof from the funeral home so I could get paid for bereavement leave. No sorry for your loss, no how are you doing, no nothing.

Last week a driver who has been with the company for 26 years, his wife passed away, no condolence, no sorry for your loss, no card, no flowers no nothing. When he came back to work not one Manager, Supervisor, On road supervisor none of them said anything to him. This is one of their best drivers, never complains always comes to work just a nice guy all around.

I guess he's too brown to be shown any human decency, I guess shouldn't be surprised I witnessed so many despicable managers at this company, so I shouldn't be surprised.
I'm sorry you had that experience and I can't say I'm surprised . However , you can't really say ALL management people behave like that . Maybe , MOST but not all. My union brothers and sisters would give me hell for this but take it from me and my 30+ years with the company. There are still some honest and good hearted Ups management people . As for the people that treated you that way :
Grieve them , file a corporate complaint and if necessary contact the department of labor . Keep in mind if they did this to you they will A. do it to you again and B. do it to another worker and maybe behave even worse.