WTFm8

NPS Store (nps) and CarcoLargo (cargolargo) on eBay.

I’ve purchased/resold from both.

USPS lists on GovDeals every 2 weeks or so. I purchased a bunch of GoPros and accessories a few years ago.

Oak

I'm in Arkansas. Sometimes overgoods go to Salt Lake City, UT, sometimes to Lenexa, KS. Seems to be no rhyme or reason, I'm sure to keep in line with so many other decisions made by the company.

In regards to thing a ma jigs and gizmos, sometimes things are simply unknown objects. When objects are in a bag or box with a bar code they insist on the upc number being entered into the system. It's actually the first line to be entered for an item.

I've been doing overgoods for years. Just the other day learned that if you press enter after entering the upc number a description will pop up with the name of the item, if known.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
Ever deliver 3 tires to a place?
View attachment 312406

i had 6 big tires on my truck today. 4 going to one location, 2 to another. as it turned out, the 4 were going to an apt in a newish secured building which also happened to be one of my first air stops (business first floor suite). i delivered the air and really wanted to get those tires off my truck and after getting them loaded on my hand truck i find out the hand truck has a bad wheel. not just wobbly, stuck and wobbly. i'm not putting those :censored2:ing god damned tires back on my truck now. i pushed it across the parking lot, into the lobby up the elevator and down over 500ft of hallways. just 5 or so stops after this i unloaded 75 packages at the post office and my truck looked pretty empty before lunch.

Rarefish383

I retired 4 years ago, and was a shop steward for 25 or so of those years. One of the saddest things I had to deal with was "Over Goods Clerks" getting caught up by the temptation of free stuff. After LP busted this really nice clerk for theft, I asked what happened to "Over Goods". This was before Diads and scanning. The mode of theft then was to print labels with your own address and just slap them over the original one. Or, in the case of Over Goods with no label, just slap it on and throw it back in the system. I was told that all items were assigned a number and a physical description, and was locked up in our OG cage for 2 weeks or a month, don't remember which. If it wasn't matched up, it went to Atlanta. The OG center there would put it in numerical order and let it sit for one year, after that they auctioned it off. Proceeds of the auctions went toward paying the claims. I'm sure it's much more sophisticated now, and the probably have OG centers all over the place. But for those that think no one tries to find lost stuff. The Clerks in Metro DC tried very hard to get your stuff back to you.

Indecisi0n

I retired 4 years ago, and was a shop steward for 25 or so of those years. One of the saddest things I had to deal with was "Over Goods Clerks" getting caught up by the temptation of free stuff. After LP busted this really nice clerk for theft, I asked what happened to "Over Goods". This was before Diads and scanning. The mode of theft then was to print labels with your own address and just slap them over the original one. Or, in the case of Over Goods with no label, just slap it on and throw it back in the system. I was told that all items were assigned a number and a physical description, and was locked up in our OG cage for 2 weeks or a month, don't remember which. If it wasn't matched up, it went to Atlanta. The OG center there would put it in numerical order and let it sit for one year, after that they auctioned it off. Proceeds of the auctions went toward paying the claims. I'm sure it's much more sophisticated now, and the probably have OG centers all over the place. But for those that think no one tries to find lost stuff. The Clerks in Metro DC tried very hard to get your stuff back to you.
eBay....