Brown Buddy

UPSnBrowns
I will search my apologies just noticed so many old post and not many current up to date ! I mean like weather the staff and members to this form come and go

SaladTosser

Kill me now
Guys get mad when you make a new topic, guys get mad when you bump an old topic. Doesn’t make any sense. Personally I don’t care, I like to hear new information.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Not open for further replies. The only other overgood post I found in search

How about searching Google.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Ever deliver 3 tires to a place?
article-2337351-1A318200000005DC-151_964x609.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
How about searching Google.

So apparently everything goes to this NPS store in Utah. It don't appear that much effort is made at UPS itself to locate where this stuff should have went. You would think every "missing package or missing merchandise" claim would be cataloged into a data base and cross checked with what was turned in in the last few weeks. If nothing could be matched up then the stuff could go to this NPS store. I'm sure NPS is happy to sell the stuff at 100% profit.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
There is also an overgoods in Lenexa, KS. I suspect there may be more.
A single company has the national contract. I'm not sure, but I thought it is in Missouri. It's not Utah.

A long time ago they went to Peachtree Quality Salvage in Atlanta, they had an outlet store in my small town. Professional buyers went through and got the good stuff first. Most of it looked like junk. If you knew what you were looking at sometimes you could score a good deal.

MrBates

So apparently everything goes to this NPS store in Utah. It don't appear that much effort is made at UPS itself to locate where this stuff should have went. You would think every "missing package or missing merchandise" claim would be cataloged into a data base and cross checked with what was turned in in the last few weeks. If nothing could be matched up then the stuff could go to this NPS store. I'm sure NPS is happy to sell the stuff at 100% profit.

Now that just makes too much logical sense. That would make an awesome 22.3 clerk job though.

DriverNerd

When I used to do over goods years ago the labels for corporate all either said salt lake city, ut or independence, mo. I wouldn't be surprised if it's changed since then.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
When I used to do over goods years ago the labels for corporate all either said salt lake city, ut or independence, mo. I wouldn't be surprised if it's changed since then.
Maybe there are two companies that have our over goods contract. I’m in Atlanta and all of ours go to Missouri. Maybe everything on the West Coast goes to Utah.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
A single company has the national contract. I'm not sure, but I thought it is in Missouri. It's not Utah.

A long time ago they went to Peachtree Quality Salvage in Atlanta, they had an outlet store in my small town. Professional buyers went through and got the good stuff first. Most of it looked like junk. If you knew what you were looking at sometimes you could score a good deal.

The whole overgood department needs updated, most of the fallouts when found are sent without any real description. With our new technologies why hasn’t corporate designed the over goods program with a ability to take a photo of said item, instead the clerks constantly describe the found object as a thing of a jig or gizmo of some source..

Also put the unclaimed photographed items on line for auction like E Bay. Win..Win Situation...