Ups package driver background check

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have not done an application yet, I know in a few months the are going to need drivers im just preparing myself of what to do, but I mean I dont think I should list anything?? I did not have any conviction and I mean I paid to get no desclosure for it ,what im worried about is that even with non disclosure could they still see it as a misdeamenor
How do you not have a conviction? If you were sentenced to probation....you pled guilty to something....albeit a lesser charge than what you were arrested for. What misdemeanor were you on probation for?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I need yall guys help.

Okay question is about background check thats done for package drivers.

I worked in the warehouse for almost 4 years now.

When I was 18.. lets just say I got into some dumb trouble.

Got a felony for theft(no conviction) , 2 years probation, got differred adjudication, turned in to a class A misdeamenor at the end of probation witch I got off a year early. Okay so here where my question comes. I got a lawyer to have my record or misdeamenor as none disclosure. If I apply for package driver this peak season will the background check show the misdeamenor eaven if its none disclosure, lawyer said only goverment or federal facilities could see it, I know ups uses first advantage for background checks , would they be able to see it eaven with none disclosure? How far will ups go ? Ahhh help !!

Four years? Find one other person that calls it a "warehouse"?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Okay , I have my DOT card, ive pass the test allready last year , they wanted me to go to the classes that was the following monday but I was still on probation and at that time it was still a felony, I just wanted to see how far I could get, when she said come to class next monday I explained everything because i knew it was going to come back on the background check. I told them that when I got off probation it was going to turn into a misdeamenor and I was going to take it off. But little did I know that taking it off wasn't possible, the only option I had was to file for no desclosure.
Your timeline doesn't add up....you said you started working at ups at 17...four years ago. You said your arrest happened at age 18.and you were sentenced to 2 years probation...but you only were on for one year....which would've made you...say age 19 or possibly 20 when you got off probation. You claim you were still on probation last year (unbeknownst to UPS) when you took your road test and they wanted to put you in a driving class. But according to your story....you could've only been 20 years old at that time....and not old enough to drive a package car.

Your timeline doesn't add up....you said you started working at ups at 17...four years ago. You said your arrest happened at age 18.and you were sentenced to 2 years probation...but you only were on for one year....which would've made you...say age 19 or possibly 20 when you got off probation. You claim you were still on probation last year (unbeknownst to UPS) when you took your road test and they wanted to put you in a driving class. But according to your story....you could've only been 20 years old at that time....and not old enough to drive a package car.
I just got off probation 2 months ago, I got my dot last may, I turned 21 last year april

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I just got off probation 2 months ago, I got my dot last may, I turned 21 last year april
They will fire you immediately when they find out about this.......and they will find out......eventually.you will be terminated for dishonesty and like your union rep will tell you. Disclose this info to them now. Do not try to hide it. Seen a guy get fired for this exact thing. They get off on finding info like this and firing people.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
How do you not have a conviction? If you were sentenced to probation....you pled guilty to something....albeit a lesser charge than what you were arrested for. What misdemeanor were you on probation for?
He probably means hes not a convicted felon. If he was convicted of a misdemeanor he still has a conviction.
There also is a continuation without a finding. I pulled a fire alarm in high school during exam week at the prompting of some dumb friends and the vice principal wanted to make an example out of me so called the police. The responding officer said they don't usually charge people for that and urged him to leave it alone but he insisted so I had to go to court. Judge told me to do some community service and continued it without a finding, dismissing it after 6 months with no other screw ups. Because it was a misdemeanor that was dismissed it doesnt count as a conviction and doesnt show up on background checks.

box_beeyotch

I had a misdemeanor charge on my record and was on probation when I first applied at ups. I told them about it during my interview and still got the job. I have since had the charge expunged. Regardless of what anyone says, honesty is always the best option because they will fire you in a heartbeat for being dishonest and at that point the union cant really help you.

Okay guys time lines up or time doesn't line up thats still not my question. All I know is that I got arrested april , that same month I turn a year older 18to19 or 19to20 can't recall. Lets just leave that part alone. Also what I do know for a fact is that when I was still on probation I said :censored2: it. Sign the bid list got called was (was 21) pass driving test got my DOT that same day , they call me back saying go to class on monday thats when I told them hold on get my background first because I dont know whats going to come back, later on she told me to go talk to her, witch im very cool with the people in hr , she said your not eligible you have this and your still on p/o (I knew that was going to happen in the first place. But now I got off probation 2 months ago, got reduce to an att theft misdeaminor. I can't get it expunged. Only option is to get a none disclosure witch I did. No please dont worry about my time line I dont need help with that part. My question is will it still show up eaven with none desclosure? ???? Thanks in advance.

But you were applying for package handler not package driver correct?
I had a misdemeanor charge on my record and was on probation when I first applied at ups. I told them about it during my interview and still got the job. I have since had the charge expunged. Regardless of what anyone says, honesty is always the best option because they will fire you in a heartbeat for being dishonest and at that point the union cant really help you.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Okay guys time lines up or time doesn't line up thats still not my question. All I know is that I got arrested april , that same month I turn a year older 18to19 or 19to20 can't recall. Lets just leave that part alone. Also what I do know for a fact is that when I was still on probation I said :censored2: it. Sign the bid list got called was (was 21) pass driving test got my DOT that same day , they call me back saying go to class on monday thats when I told them hold on get my background first because I dont know whats going to come back, later on she told me to go talk to her, witch im very cool with the people in hr , she said your not eligible you have this and your still on p/o (I knew that was going to happen in the first place. But now I got off probation 2 months ago, got reduce to an att theft misdeaminor. I can't get it expunged. Only option is to get a none disclosure witch I did. No please dont worry about my time line I dont need help with that part. My question is will it still show up eaven with none desclosure? ???? Thanks in advance.

You don't remember what year you were arrested? The arrest was for attempted theft?

I don't really think you should be a driver, ever.