UPS: Packing and shipping questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean hairy

Well, I contacted a packing company near my location. They gave me a decent price estimate. Calling and emailing UPS didn't help at all. I don't see the issue with giving me an estimate. At least I know the UPS shipping cost zones by my research alone.
Cost hasn't been determined by zones in YEARS!
Go to the ups website (can't post links here, but is is ups dot com
At the top of the screen is shipping. Highlight that, drop down menu has calcualte time and cost.
As long as you have the dimensions and weight correct, you will have a good idea what it will cost you.
You can also call 1-800pickups (800-742-5877) and at the first menu listen for setting up an account. If no such option exists, hit zero and go from there.

jim_flint

6000 items / 21 working days / 8 items per package = 36 packages per day average. Get a shipper account and hire someone to pack it for you in your office/ workshop/ storefront/ shed/ whatever. At that volume you're going to get raped by anybody packing and shipping for you rather than you doing it in house. And do the guy on here who said it a favor and give him a sales lead while you're at it.

rod

Retired 22 years
go to ups.com, click on zone and rate charts--do your figuring---I'm guessing it would be about:

If you are in a big city you could try and find a place that does drop shipping services. Like the warehouses that work with ebay sellers. Just a matter of finding a good fit.

Or start a day care, and keep those kids busy.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Hello,

How much would it cost for UPS to package and ship 1,000 items?

Weight:
Each item weighs probably less than 1/4 of a pound. At the most.

Each package:
Each package will weight 2-5 pounds.

Amount in each package:

Around 8 items in most of the packages and 1 in one other package. The items are very small. Only the messenger bag is large for its own package.

Instructions:
Can I send packaging instructions to UPS with my items?

Packing:
Does it cost more to put more items in one package?

Cost estimate:
What is the estimate cost for each package? Would it be around $20 for each package for shipping + packaging?

Tried:
I tried to get help through the site, but it gave me no answers besides item pick up being $70. That had nothing to do with the questions I asked. I would do the packing myself, but 6000 items a month is too much for me.

Sincerely,
The Bob
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1417830635.671648.jpg

Sent using a Potato

Status
Not open for further replies.