UPS: Packing and shipping questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBob

Hello,

How much would it cost for UPS to package and ship 1,000 items?

Weight:
Each item weighs probably less than 1/4 of a pound. At the most.

Each package:
Each package will weight 2-5 pounds.

Amount in each package:

Around 8 items in most of the packages and 1 in one other package. The items are very small. Only the messenger bag is large for its own package.

Instructions:
Can I send packaging instructions to UPS with my items?

Packing:
Does it cost more to put more items in one package?

Cost estimate:
What is the estimate cost for each package? Would it be around $20 for each package for shipping + packaging?

Tried:
I tried to get help through the site, but it gave me no answers besides item pick up being $70. That had nothing to do with the questions I asked. I would do the packing myself, but 6000 items a month is too much for me.

Sincerely,
The Bob

T

Turdferguson

Its one million dollars ( can I call you "the " ,or do you prefer Mr Bob

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Call the 1800 number and get ahold of a sales rep.

oldngray

nowhere special
Im going to read this again later,when im drunk.
358296.jpg

TheBob

Well, I contacted a packing company near my location. They gave me a decent price estimate. Calling and emailing UPS didn't help at all. I don't see the issue with giving me an estimate. At least I know the UPS shipping cost zones by my research alone.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Hello,

How much would it cost for UPS to package and ship 1,000 items?

Weight:
Each item weighs probably less than 1/4 of a pound. At the most.

Each package:
Each package will weight 2-5 pounds.

Amount in each package:

Around 8 items in most of the packages and 1 in one other package. The items are very small. Only the messenger bag is large for its own package.

Instructions:
Can I send packaging instructions to UPS with my items?

Packing:
Does it cost more to put more items in one package?

Cost estimate:
What is the estimate cost for each package? Would it be around $20 for each package for shipping + packaging?

Tried:
I tried to get help through the site, but it gave me no answers besides item pick up being $70. That had nothing to do with the questions I asked. I would do the packing myself, but 6000 items a month is too much for me.

Sincerely,
The Bob

We are all just employees, part time hub workers, drivers, and the like. We don't know what it would cost you, and we really don't care, either.

Pack your stuff and ship it, then you'll know what it costs

UPS doesn't pack stuff, WE pick up boxes which you (the customer) have packaged. The UPS store will pack them, but as you've been warned....they're expensive

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Well, I contacted a packing company near my location. They gave me a decent price estimate. Calling and emailing UPS didn't help at all. I don't see the issue with giving me an estimate. At least I know the UPS shipping cost zones by my research alone.

Get your stuff packaged, weighed and addressed.

Then call or go online with all the information. UPS does not package.

TheBob

According to the ups store packship Pages (Forum won't let me post links yet)
"Peace of mind you can count on. Let our Certified Packing Experts pack and ship your items."

Less money for UPS.

guyinthebrownbox

The reason is most if not all of us on here do not work on the retail end of UPS as most UPS stores are franchise owned. Short of being a delivery driver(who also don't determine shipping quotes) the majority here work behind the scenes

Your "packing company" quoted you a price based on a deal more than likely already made by that company and a UPS business representative

We can't give you an accurate answer because for lack of the better we simply just do not know

If in fact the 800 is of no help, try to locate a UPS store, and if there isn't one near you, it seems that the packing company might be your best bet.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help

Sent from a Glade plug-in

TheBob

Actually.....you guys were more help. I got nothing by calling and emailing UPS directly. All here that work for UPS need to get a raise.

guyinthebrownbox

In their defense, they are probably swamped. Heck I have numbers directly to my offices/dispatch/management and I can barely get ahold of them lol.

Sent from a Glade plug-in

Status
Not open for further replies.