UPS provided counseling...

Danny,
I'm not saying that there aren't some people out there that want nothing more than to screw someone for self gratification. Those people are in every company I'm sure. Luckily for you it backfired on them and you don't have to deal with that person anymore. I'm just saying that someone insinuating that an employee asking for help, in a time of need, may set off alarms and cause management to eavesdrop or pry into your person life just to ruin your life is ridiculous.

When that bank information was lost in transit by UPS, the bad publicity alone caused harm to UPS and no doubt there was probably some financial impact as well. To say that UPS would as a whole, makes it a policy to partake in illegal practices and invade employees personal lives (especially in cases like this) is so ridiculous. If that ever got out, and it would (disgruntled employee with some information), it would devastate UPS' image, not to mention the lawsuits.

I don't know this person's situation but if it were serious and needed immediate attention and now someone puts fear into their head about losing their job as well doesn't make sense to me.

Just my opinion.....

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Simple

I agree. That is why I posted that if I needed help, help of any kind, and UPS offered that help to me, either paid for by UPS or subsidized by UPS partially, I would jump on that like I do on a medium steak and baked potato.

I would not let the thought of spying eyes bother me a bit, because they do not exist. And where they do, they are pretty much impotent.

I would not worry in the least about my records being secretly funneled to the company. First off, no one that could get them cares about the details, only that I get the help I need, and those that would love to get their hands on it, can't.

Now that being said, I would assume that the poster was hourly. I am not too sure the same can be said for management looking to get help. That might have some other issues that I can not comment on as I dont have first hand knowledge.

But personal privacy is a federal issue, so I would assume that you also are protected?

d

U

UPS Corp HR in Atlanta

Wow some of you people are paranoid. As a long term HR professional, and long term UPSer, I can assure you "they" couldn't get the info if they did want it. It seems as if it is always the union steward or former union steward who enjoys spreading this fear-based logic.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
HR in Atlanta:

Why dont you register and contribute your knowledge base to the board. If in fact you are who you say you are, your comments would be greatly appreciated, at least by me.

d

Ms Spoken

UPS Corp HR in Atlanta said:
Wow some of you people are paranoid. As a long term HR professional, and long term UPSer, I can assure you "they" couldn't get the info if they did want it. It seems as if it is always the union steward or former union steward who enjoys spreading this fear-based logic.

What does the union have to do with this... Why is it the corp or mangers always pushing the blame on the union.