UPS punishes drivers for praying

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Try this again.

There's no perfect Christian. Some are more mature in their faith than others (and exhibit works accordingly) and some are less mature thus making more mistakes in their behavior. The question is do they pray to get their sins confessed and covered. Remember the story about the two guys praying in the temple? One prayed "Thank you God that I'm not like that tax collector standing over there" and the tax collector beat his chest in sorrow asking for God forgiveness for the wrong things he did. It was written that the tax collector left the temple forgiven but the other arrogant dude didnt.

Paul himself wrote that he did the things he shouldn't and omitted the things he should've done. But he pressed on to be better, forgetting the past (and condemnation) toward the higher calling (in obedience) of Christ Jesus.

And if you havent noticed, God spanks his own when needed. If they repent and learn things get better for them and the people around them and judgement truly begins at the house of God.

You can watch the show but you cant judge the condition of someone else's heart and conscience. That, my friend, is very shortsighted.

There will be people in heaven that you'd never believe could make it there and they may say the same thing about you and I.

You were the one suggesting that I was saying only perfect people can be Christian, and I already corrected that incorrect suggestion.

If you want to take a person's word for it that they are a Christian, more power to you. I don't judge a person's heart.

James 2:18-20
"18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” your works, my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?"

John 14:23-24

23 "Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me."

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
"Yeah, two yutes. Judge."
-Vinny Gambini
fark_JFT5s6c51P96PqwfPzw5JJNCYZg.jpg

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I assert that people who do not follow the commands of Christ are not Christians,
Sir, I will quote you again. You are the one that said that (above) in your statement where people who dont follow the commands of Christ are not Christians.

So who follows every command of Jesus perfectly? Not one person I know. You know anyone that claims Jesus as Lord and hasnt ever sinned since the day they became a Christian? It's your statement. I just responded to it.
As for your blanket scriptures about alleged perfection:
Screenshot_20200220-010058_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200220-010214_Chrome.jpg

Righteous people "stumble" every day. Let's not be so condemning.

El Correcto

god is dead
Not to be rude but I get it that you dont believe in what I do and everyone was born with free will.

Jesus said that satan came to kill, steal, and destroy but he (Jesus) came to give people life and that more abundantly.

You dont have to believe anything. It's written that it's better for someone to be totally for what Jesus claimed and accept his sacrifice or to be totally against him. Cowards and folks that compromise are on the last list anyway.

So I'd say live it up if you are against the message of the gospel of Jesus. Be for or against him. Let's just respect that we won't agree and the proof will be known the moment we cease to breathe.

As for the flood I heard that was the last time for that to happen and the next time will be (nuclear?) fire.
Make your choice or no choice. I won't belittle you for your beliefs or unbelief but on the last day of your life you can't say that you didn't know or weren't told.
Same for you. Once you die and end up in front of a jackal headed deity I bet you’ll feel like a real jerk. Don’t act like the Egyptians didn’t warn or tell us.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Sir, I will quote you again. You are the one that said that (above) in your statement where people who dont follow the commands of Christ are not Christians.

So who follows every command of Jesus perfectly? Not one person I know. You know anyone that claims Jesus as Lord and hasnt ever sinned since the day they became a Christian? It's your statement. I just responded to it.
As for your blanket scriptures about alleged perfection:View attachment 283692 View attachment 283693

Righteous people "stumble" every day. Let's not be so condemning.

You said I said they had to be perfect. I did not. There is a difference between messing up and blatant disregard. I never condemned a single person, not my place. I do, however, know how to tell the difference between someone who says they are a Christian, and someone who actually is one.

Most people nowadays, in much of the western world, who claim to be Christian are really Moral Therapeutic Deists. It is the very unwillingness that "christians" have to hold each other accountable that has led to the current state the "church" today. You wanna get together and slap a bunch of other people on the back and call each other Christians while failing to seek after Christ, and laugh it off as "no ones perfect, lol" you go right ahead. I'm not judging your heart. But the rest of the world, the ones we are supposed to be a light to, are watching, judging, condemning, walking away and ridiculing. Who can blame them?

It is the misinterpretation of Jesus' command to "judge not lest ye be judged" that seems to cause the most confusion. This article does a decent job explaining the meaning.

"Judge not, lest you be judged": Misinterpreted Bible Passages #3 | Jason Staples

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
You said I said they had to be perfect. I did not. There is a difference between messing up and blatant disregard. I never condemned a single person, not my place. I do, however, know how to tell the difference between someone who says they are a Christian, and someone who actually is one.

Most people nowadays, in much of the western world, who claim to be Christian are really Moral Therapeutic Deists. It is the very unwillingness that "christians" have to hold each other accountable that has led to the current state the "church" today. You wanna get together and slap a bunch of other people on the back and call each other Christians while failing to seek after Christ, and laugh it off as "no ones perfect, lol" you go right ahead. I'm not judging your heart. But the rest of the world, the ones we are supposed to be a light to, are watching, judging, condemning, walking away and ridiculing. Who can blame them?

It is the misinterpretation of Jesus' command to "judge not lest ye be judged" that seems to cause the most confusion. This article does a decent job explaining the meaning.

"Judge not, lest you be judged": Misinterpreted Bible Passages #3 | Jason Staples
You put a lot of words in people's mouths.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Same for you. Once you die and end up in front of a jackal headed deity I bet you’ll feel like a real jerk. Don’t act like the Egyptians didn’t warn or tell us.
Funny stuff. The Bible says that we were created in God's image. If you think I look like a dog I guess you've seen my high school senior picture?
Have a good night brother.

Overpaid Union Thug

A few years ago some Muslim drivers were fired because they were continuously praying while on the clock. That was a legitimate firing. Their constant praying was interfering with their work. If they had prayed during their break times they’d still be working.

The drivers of this topic, apparently Christian’s, were fired because, apparently, some snowflakes were triggered or they were worried snowflakes would be triggered. They should be reinstated ASAP with backpay. And hopefully they will be. The snowflakes can go pound sand and go crying back to mommy and daddy who obviously failed them (badly) as parents.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No offense but I'd like to hear this story from a unbiased news source. I am in total agreement that drivers off the clock should be allowed to participate in this. I'm just skeptical that drivers were fired because of it. I think the site is trying to stir people up with that line.
Heathen!

I wonder if they were Muslim the company would be so quick to fire people?