UPS punishes drivers for praying

Returntosender

BA53E68D-8E73-4BEF-8D96-927ADFED87EF.gif

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I assert that people who do not follow the commands of Christ are not Christians, but if they call themselves such, they are hypocrites. Jesus had a big problem with hypocrites.

Matthew 6: 5-6

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."
Only perfect people who follow Jesus's commandments are Christians?
We're all doomed.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Only perfect people who follow Jesus's commandments are Christians?
We're all doomed.

Wrong. If we were perfect, we wouldn't need salvation. But Christians should follow the commands of the one they claim to follow, even if they screw up. Blatant disregard for those commands is a sign that you aren't what you say you are. And reacting negatively towards someone who points out your error is not a good sign either.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Wrong. If we were perfect, we wouldn't need salvation. But Christians should follow the commands of the one they claim to follow, even if they screw up. Blatant disregard for those commands is a sign that you aren't what you say you are. And reacting negatively towards someone who points out your error is not a good sign either.
Try this again.

There's no perfect Christian. Some are more mature in their faith than others (and exhibit works accordingly) and some are less mature thus making more mistakes in their behavior. The question is do they pray to get their sins confessed and covered. Remember the story about the two guys praying in the temple? One prayed "Thank you God that I'm not like that tax collector standing over there" and the tax collector beat his chest in sorrow asking for God forgiveness for the wrong things he did. It was written that the tax collector left the temple forgiven but the other arrogant dude didnt.

Paul himself wrote that he did the things he shouldn't and omitted the things he should've done. But he pressed on to be better, forgetting the past (and condemnation) toward the higher calling (in obedience) of Christ Jesus.

And if you havent noticed, God spanks his own when needed. If they repent and learn things get better for them and the people around them and judgement truly begins at the house of God.

You can watch the show but you cant judge the condition of someone else's heart and conscience. That, my friend, is very shortsighted.

There will be people in heaven that you'd never believe could make it there and they may say the same thing about you and I.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
I have a question.

So God flooded the world and blew cities up.
How many times has Lucifer murdered that many people?
I think you guys might be cheering on the wrong thing.

To me it seems the only thing satan did wrong was questioning some genocidal monster that was murdering people for not obeying him.

“Disobedience to tyrants is obedience to satan”
-Wrong

MAKAVELI

I have a question.

To me it seems the only thing satan did wrong was questioning some genocidal monster that was murdering people for not obeying him.

-Wrong
What if Satan and God were one in the same?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I have a question.

-Wrong
Not to be rude but I get it that you dont believe in what I do and everyone was born with free will.

Jesus said that satan came to kill, steal, and destroy but he (Jesus) came to give people life and that more abundantly.

You dont have to believe anything. It's written that it's better for someone to be totally for what Jesus claimed and accept his sacrifice or to be totally against him. Cowards and folks that compromise are on the last list anyway.

So I'd say live it up if you are against the message of the gospel of Jesus. Be for or against him. Let's just respect that we won't agree and the proof will be known the moment we cease to breathe.

As for the flood I heard that was the last time for that to happen and the next time will be (nuclear?) fire.
Make your choice or no choice. I won't belittle you for your beliefs or unbelief but on the last day of your life you can't say that you didn't know or weren't told.