UPS punishes drivers for praying

542thruNthru

No offense but I'd like to hear this story from a unbiased news source. I am in total agreement that drivers off the clock should be allowed to participate in this. I'm just skeptical that drivers were fired because of it. I think the site is trying to stir people up with that line.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We used to have 4-5 guys that come in early once a week for bible study in the break room. It wasn’t a problem, but stopped when some went to the smart hub.

Nah
No offense but I'd like to hear this story from a unbiased news source. I am in total agreement that drivers off the clock should be allowed to participate in this. I'm just skeptical that drivers were fired because of it. I think the site is trying to stir people up with that line.

Looks like you're right.

Since then, several drivers with many years’ experience who regularly participated in the prayer meetings have been fired for what appears to be pretextual reasons.

They weren't fired for praying, but management found something to get them on. But without details, there's no way of knowing if it's related.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I am in total agreement that drivers off the clock should be allowed to participate in this.

I disagree.

It's one thing if a couple of drivers want to have a little prayer before work in the parking lot next to their cars, or in a corner of a break room, I think that's okay.

But, the employer should definitely not allow big groups of people to have prayer meeting in public places on their property, such as the parking lot or break room.

This could be intimidating and or harassing to other employees.

I think the employer should offer a private area, such as a conference room or meeting room, where these employees can gather to have their morning prayers without intimidating or harassing others.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I disagree.

It's one thing if a couple of drivers want to have a little prayer before work in the parking lot next to their cars, or in a corner of a break room, I think that's okay.

But, the employer should definitely not allow big groups of people to have prayer meeting in public places on their property, such as the parking lot or break room.

This could be intimidating and or harassing to other employees.

I think the employer should offer a private area, such as a conference room or meeting room, where these employees can gather to have their morning prayers without intimidating or harassing others.
No snake handling by the oms?
Come on.