UPS punishes drivers for praying

jimdandy3

Impeach Hunter Biden
Try this again.

There's no perfect Christian. Some are more mature in their faith than others (and exhibit works accordingly) and some are less mature thus making more mistakes in their behavior. The question is do they pray to get their sins confessed and covered. Remember the story about the two guys praying in the temple? One prayed "Thank you God that I'm not like that tax collector standing over there" and the tax collector beat his chest in sorrow asking for God forgiveness for the wrong things he did. It was written that the tax collector left the temple forgiven but the other arrogant dude didnt.

Paul himself wrote that he did the things he shouldn't and omitted the things he should've done. But he pressed on to be better, forgetting the past (and condemnation) toward the higher calling (in obedience) of Christ Jesus.

And if you havent noticed, God spanks his own when needed. If they repent and learn things get better for them and the people around them and judgement truly begins at the house of God.

You can watch the show but you cant judge the condition of someone else's heart and conscience. That, my friend, is very shortsighted.

There will be people in heaven that you'd never believe could make it there and they may say the same thing about you and I.

The other team is always wrong. Self preservation always wins out.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
If you open this up it looks like the group that is praying is blocking the traffic around the building. If that is the case I would say UPS has every right to get rid of them (off the property - not firing them).

That is the break/smoking area for that building.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
This all started with the drivers trying to united and getting them off the belt and out of their package cars when they are off the clock. They have a lot of issues with the management team at that building. What started as a small group has risen to 70 to 80 percent of the drivers. They are not punching in or gathering their supplies until start time. Seems like we should be supporting them.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This all started with the drivers trying to united and getting them off the belt and out of their package cars when they are off the clock. They have a lot of issues with the management team at that building. What started as a small group has risen to 70 to 80 percent of the drivers. They are not punching in or gathering their supplies until start time. Seems like we should be supporting them.
Why should UPS allow a group of employees to meet on their property off the clock for regular prayer sessions? And why should the rest of us support them? I don't care one way or the other, but the company seems to be well within their rights here. It's a workplace, not a church.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Why should UPS allow a group of employees to meet on their property off the clock for regular prayer sessions? And why should the rest of us support them? I don't care one way or the other, but the company seems to be well within their rights here. It's a workplace, not a church.
I thought ’union’ meant ‘brother/sister’, not employee.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
What does that have to do with anything? How is a group of employees meeting on UPS property off the clock to have prayer sessions a union issue?
The company really does not have any recourse if employees are following the usual yard control rules. It's common practice for people sometimes to show up a whole hour in advance and what they do on property remains their own GD free time.

The company can certainly set a different precident, but all subject to the usual disciplinary procedures, so why is it not being handled by the union?