UPS Sales People

gsshort1

anyone know how a sales person is paid? on my route we lost an account to fedexground two weeks ago and now we got it back. the dock guys said ups sales guy came in and gave them a check for 450K to get the business back from fedexground...how does that happen? we just buy business? if they can do that they can pay me overtime insteads of sending me home early

Floyd Gondolli

Where i'm at the bigger your T*ts the more you make. You should see some of the hottie reps where i'm at. They have that "dear in the headlights" look to them but hot nonetheless. The males are cubicle tools. Terrified!

Listen to Iron Monkey!!!!!!!!!!!!

barnyard

KTM rider
Must have been a fairly large account.

Some accounts get rebates based on volume. Your account may have signed a long-term contract which also guarantees UPS ALL their volume. Based on that, the rebate could have been based on this past year's volume, but based on the current contract.

If that makes sense.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
We have sales people at UPS, wow I have been here going on 20 years, maybe one day I will see a UPS sales person.

I might see bigfoot first.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
anyone know how a sales person is paid? on my route we lost an account to fedexground two weeks ago and now we got it back. the dock guys said ups sales guy came in and gave them a check for 450K to get the business back from fedexground...how does that happen? we just buy business? if they can do that they can pay me overtime insteads of sending me home early

Ever hear the expression, "Someone's pissing in your ear and telling you it is raining."?

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
it all depends, if ups corporate IE said it than even if its not true ,you will ignore facts and pretend it is

AKX

Wouldnt suprise me. Our sales team couldnt sale bagged ice in hell so this sounds like something they would do to regain or aquire buisness.

rocket man

im sure this is true. all of the dock workers i know can always tell me if there company gets a check for 450 thousand. And im sure the boss or president of that company came out and waved that check around. The loading dock, I know the stop hes talking about. I heard the ceo came running out showed a copy of the check to his dock workers and said boys!!! get them dam fedx labels off of them boxes we be shipping for free with ups. its happens everyday.

How's that sales lead program working out for you sales guys? Oh yeah,that's right,they did away with it here! Guess you'll finally have to actually start doing your job again. Too bad for you,eh?