UPS Says They Caught-Up Friday... FedEx?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
UPS is claiming they eliminated their backlog of undelivered packages on Friday. Interestingly, FedEx isn't saying the same thing. I know that we aren't caught-up in my district. How about yours? This also lends credence to the theory that FedEx was actually a lot worse off than UPS this Peak.

HomeDelivery

Express still behind? we're caught up in our region... decent weather had something to do with it as well as decent management who knew what they were doing

Nolimitz

We were caught up the day after Christmas. We were one of the miracle stations that did not fall "way behind". Had volunteers (not me) at the station and on road Xmas day. Yesterday was heavy and we ran 30+ routes on a Sat. normal is around 15-20

FedExRookie

UPS is claiming they eliminated their backlog of undelivered packages on Friday. Interestingly, FedEx isn't saying the same thing. I know that we aren't caught-up in my district. How about yours? This also lends credence to the theory that FedEx was actually a lot worse off than UPS this Peak.

1. Fedex isn't saying anything because UPS is taking all the heat. As a corporation why would you put yourself into a fight you're not in?

2. My station has been caught up and only feel behind 1 day and caught up shortly after; however, some a station is still a half day behind.

3. UPS can kiss my ass, they are lying, I just spent 1 hr 45 minutes in line Thursday to pick up a package I put a hold on. I put a hold on it because it had taken several joy rides in their vehicle, and it was due Monday. I had to put another package that was due Tuesday since it has gone on 2 joy rides. I will pick that one up tomorrow. My buddy works for UPS and says they are about 2.5 days behind and won't catch up until the end of this up coming week. They are pushing current packages through and slowly trickling in packages that are delayed. They see it as 1. lost revenue (For those who will get their shipping back, if any) and 2. Those are already 'lost customers' since they have been waiting for over a week.

P.S. I ship UPS and USPS more than Fedex, especially when it rains, I don't trust us when it rains.

Doc Sorting Dude

Both companies want this swept under the rug ASAP. Who's to say their not paying Charlie Sheen to say something stupid so the attention deficit public can focus on something else?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I quit shpping via FedEx after being charged an obsence amount for my last shipment even with an employee discount. I'll go to the post office, thank you.

Screw you Fred, you ain't getting any more money from me.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I quit shpping via FedEx after being charged an obsence amount for my last shipment even with an employee discount. I'll go to the post office, thank you.

Screw you Fred, you ain't getting any more money from me.
same here...thievin' basstids

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I work in one of the largest UPS hubs in the country and the backlog has all-but-been cleared. There's still some heavier volume than is typical, but it might have more to do with Christmas and New Years falling during the week.