Ups school simulator

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I toured a new Intregrad school a few weeks ago and we were shown a room full of computer stations. New drivers are having trouble learning technology, so these simulators were developed to help them adapt easier since they are so used to playing computer games. From what I saw, it looked very easy. They were just spotting safety hazards onscreen.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I toured a new Intregrad school a few weeks ago and we were shown a room full of computer stations. New drivers are having trouble learning technology, so these simulators were developed to help them adapt easier since they are so used to playing computer games. From what I saw, it looked very easy. They were just spotting safety hazards onscreen.

But, how does that relate to real life?

There are kids who played Super Mario Kart who think they are race car drivers.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
But, how does that relate to real life?

There are kids who played Super Mario Kart who think they are race car drivers.

I don't think it relates to real life at all. One program I got to try was about reaction time. You'll be driving down the road and you spot something that makes you stop. Another was going down a street and clicking your mouse on potential safety hazards. I thought it was silly, but times have changed. Most new drivers can't read a map, they are driving around wasting time trying to read GPS on their phones. Intergrad is just trying to throw a lot of stuff at them in five days so hopefully the company can cut back on the per centage of new drivers that that are washing out before they make seniority.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm leaving for intergrad school Sunday people from our center went this week and passed on everything but failed on the Simulater can anybody give me any tips on that and what it actually is?

Here is some actual footage of the last class:

pYzr0N.gif