UPS SCS Socal

jaylow

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but just got a job offer for PITO 3 at the Mira Loma SCS.
The manager who interviewed me did state this is Non-Union. IMO that kinda sucks. My main goal was to become a driver in the years to come since the pay progression only takes 5 years or so to max out pay, give or take but you catch my drift.

Do you guys know if I can transfer from the blue side to the brown side? And how easy is that if possible? Would I take a pay cut and go down to the minimum pay stated in the current contract?

I called corporate HR and spoke to someone over seas with a terrible accent and she said yes after 1 year depending on my managment and or can have my local union 63 help me with the transfer. (I'm not part of the union with the blue side so why would they help me?)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but just got a job offer for PITO 3 at the Mira Loma SCS.
The manager who interviewed me did state this is Non-Union. IMO that kinda sucks. My main goal was to become a driver in the years to come since the pay progression only takes 5 years or so to max out pay, give or take but you catch my drift.

Do you guys know if I can transfer from the blue side to the brown side? And how easy is that if possible? Would I take a pay cut and go down to the minimum pay stated in the current contract?

I called corporate HR and spoke to someone over seas with a terrible accent and she said yes after 1 year depending on my managment and or can have my local union 63 help me with the transfer. (I'm not part of the union with the blue side so why would they help me?)

What’s the blue side, PITO3 and the the Mira Loma SCS
You sure your in the right place

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈

you can not transfer into the brown side. But you can be hired on, which will restart your seniority to zero. If you want to drive you need start in a hub.

Just an FYI: SCS is one of the business units that is seeing lots of growth over the years. If you were interested into a path in management, stay there and work your way up. It can easily be done within a year and no college degree.

542thruNthru

Local 63 has a ton of feeder jobs. It's usually hard to go from management to union hourly. You'd have to be the companies 1 off the street hire and that job usually goes to some higher ups nephew or some crap.

542thruNthru

@542thruNthru can you translate this cali slang for us?
🧔‍♂️✊
He's saying " I was offered a non union job but I want a union protected position. I am in SoCal and the local union here is local 63. Though it's still better than 90% of the country it's no local union 542. Is there any way I can transfer into the blue-collar side of the company once I'm in and hopefully one day work under the greatest local union to ever grace this beautiful country, 542. Though Joe Biden has made this a much better country since he's been in office some areas still don't compare to the land of milk and honey called San Diego."

Hope this helps. :)

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
He's saying " I was offered a non union job but I want a union protected position. I am in SoCal and the local union here is local 63. Though it's still better than 90% of the country it's no local union 542. Is there any way I can transfer into the blue-collar side of the company once I'm in and hopefully one day work under the greatest local union to ever grace this beautiful country, 542. Though Joe Biden has made this a much better country since he's been in office some areas still don't compare to the land of milk and honey called San Diego."

Hope this helps. :)
A6C1D2CD-33B8-4C03-8C11-8B13BC19DD4D.gif

UPSER1987

Why was it necessary to state you spoke to someone overseas with a terrible accent? Was that your attempt to fit in? I hate these bigoted comments.