UPS segment from 1995.........

spif91

I came across this while in the process of dubbing some old VHS tapes on to some DVD's....Not for sure on the year but the tape had some other stuff on it from 1995...Enjoy. P.S. the tape quality is bad in spots

[video=youtube;ofykSFPCHeE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofykSFPCHeE[/video]

rod

Retired 22 years
I remember having alot of fun after that came out. We took alot of kidding but it was all in good fun.

jimstud

Banned
just out of curiosity in todays ups how many warning letters would sexy joe have pulled? one for getting the in the driver's side, not grabbing the hand rail and crossing in front of the truck. old joe would have been fired in my building for that video. or at least some butt of a manager would have tried.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
awful methods...not including one-arming a large box WITH diad (no opposite corners)...I'm sure corporate saw the vid and issued a written warning

rod

Retired 22 years
just out of curiosity in todays ups how many warning letters would sexy joe have pulled? one for getting the in the driver's side, not grabbing the hand rail and crossing in front of the truck. old joe would have been fired in my building for that video. or at least some butt of a manager would have tried.

They did look like humans didn't they--- not like just a bunch of robots.:sad-little: Its been a long time since I've seen a driver that looked like he was having a great day. I still run into some of the UPS guys at the local watering hole (I didn't change bars just because I retired) and I haven't heard a good word about UPS from them in a long time. Sad

bbsam

Staff member
"Macho, Macho, Man" I can honestly say I am embarrassed for UPS in this case. 1995? Couldn't they use something a little newer? Maybe VanHalen's "Gigolo" or if ya really wanna get sexist snippets of Sir Mix Alot's "Baby Got Back".

moreluck

golden ticket member
Are you embarrassed when you see Magic Johnson of Larry Bird in short shorts in the NBA? It's just a sign of the times.

"Macho, Macho, Man" I can honestly say I am embarrassed for UPS in this case. 1995? Couldn't they use something a little newer? Maybe VanHalen's "Gigolo" or if ya really wanna get sexist snippets of Sir Mix Alot's "Baby Got Back".

Because Van Halen never recorded "Just a Gigolo"

bbsam

Staff member
True, David Lee Roth did.
My bad. Think about it though. The choice of "Village People" had the same effect as that annoying Ashton Cutcher jumping out yelling "You got punked!" Can you imagine it? "Hey UPS guy, can we do a piece with you running around in your tight shorts and perfect smile with all the women drooling over you? Thanks." Oh and since Freddie Mercury said "NO!" we'll go with the "Village People" where people can in their minds replace the "construction worker" with the "UPS man".

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
That was great but I think I'm hurt. What about the women? LOL And I am surprised Sober has posted on the use of the lap belt. Just kidding Sober. LOL :happy-very: