UPS Shooting- San Francisco (Rant & News thread)

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS also needs to do more psychological testing before anyone can go driving to weed out the emotional troubled employees.
This effort, of course, is hindered by the Union.

I always thought UPS should be testing their management. They were the ones ranting and raving all the time about faster-faster-faster. We had a coupe center manager's who I swear should have been taken away in a straight jacket.

twoweeled

people that want bonus are the same ones that work off the clock. With bonus I guess they would just break even in the end.
Agree 100%. I was an hourly mindset driver. Whatever it worked out too, that's what I want to get paid for. Our incentive was straight time. Just didn't work for me. Didn't work very well for my managers either!! lol

twoweeled

I can't help but wonder, why any local would opt for straight time incentive, when others are getting 1.5 time. There had to have been a trade off, somewhere. Pisses me off, and I'm not even in package anymore! Although, time allowances are so tight I doubt it would've changed anything in my world. I'm an hourly guy. Glad you guys are getting 1.5 time.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I can't help but wonder, why any local would opt for straight time incentive, when others are getting 1.5 time. There had to have been a trade off, somewhere. Pisses me off, and I'm not even in package anymore! Although, time allowances are so tight I doubt it would've changed anything in my world. I'm an hourly guy. Glad you guys are getting 1.5 time.

Back in the day the big time runner gunners were making 2 sometimes 3 hours bonus a day

Most can't walk upright now

I know one that's had at least 4 operations on everything from knees to elbows now back surgery probably won't be able to come back from this one

twoweeled

Back in the day the big time runner gunners were making 2 sometimes 3 hours bonus a day

I know one that's had at least 4 operations on everything from knees to elbows now back surgery probably won't be able to come back from this one

I remember that. The allowances were more realistic. It's sad to see these young guys in package (NOW) who are doing 12 hour days. You just can't continue doing 12 hour days in package, without paying a heavy price for it. These young guys don't see it, but it's coming down the road. Knees, back, hips later, and everything else. It's not if, it when.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I remember that. The allowances were more realistic. It's sad to see these young guys in package (NOW) who are doing 12 hour days. You just can't continue doing 12 hour days in package, without paying a heavy price for it. These young guys don't see it, but it's coming down the road. Knees, back, hips later, and everything else. It's not if, it when.
There's no way I can do this for another 22 years...I used to volunteer to go help every night to make money but now I realize I gotta do this stuff for a looooong time...I'll take the smaller payheck now and be able to somewhat enjoy retirement...outside of a wheechair