UPS Shooting- San Francisco (Rant & News thread)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
A center paying time and a half would be news to MANY of us, I'm sure!! It almost doesn't even make sense? It defeats the incentive for the company to pay incentive, in large part.
Can/Would you tell me 2 buildings where package pays incentive at the rate of "time and half" to package drivers? City and State? Thanks!

Not gonna list city and state

But all bonus centers in the district I worked in paid bonus at overtime rate

twoweeled

Not gonna list city and state

But all bonus centers in the district I worked in paid bonus at overtime rate
1. I don't know how much you've looked into this, but do you know of any other district that does this?
2. Just so we're clear. Driver takes out a 10 hour load, punches out in 9 and gets paid 10 hours at time and half??
is this more common than I think it is?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
1. I don't know how much you've looked into this, but do you know of any other district that does this?
2. Just so we're clear. Driver takes out a 10 hour load, punches out in 9 and gets paid 10 hours at time and half??

That's how it works

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
You're only paid the amount of time you bonus at time and a half right? Not the whole shift....I've bonused twice I think and it was less than half an hour each time

twoweeled

You're only paid the amount of time you bonus at time and a half right? Not the whole shift....I've bonused twice I think and it was less than half an hour each time
I didn't understand that. It should be clear if you're one of the district that pays this. But I wasn't clear on your question.

upschuck

Here, you only get the time over your 8 at time and a half, or the 2 hours, same as if you worked 10 hours.

twoweeled

Here, you only get the time over your 8 at time and a half, or the 2 hours, same as if you worked 10 hours.
Yes. This is all news to me. Now I'm wondering why others don't have this. This may explain why not everyone knows about this. Mums the word, or I'm the only one this is news too? I'd assume there was some sort of trade off for this - but maybe not!

upschuck

Yes. This is all news to me. Now I'm wondering why others don't have this. This may explain why not everyone knows about this. Mums the word, or I'm the only one this is news too? I'd assume there was some sort of trade off for this - but maybe not!
Some people don't like it because they think management will change allowances for those they like. From my understanding, local union can vote it in, or out

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Been that way for over 30 years

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I used to get the runner-gunners all worked up

Just had to mention within earshot of one of them

"Yeah some of us have been thinking about voting bonus out"

Some would go berserk funny sheet

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
In that scenario driver gets paid 8 hours straight time, 1 hour OT at time and a half, and 1 hour bonus at time and a half.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Drivers can vote it out at center level where I am. Once it's voted out you can't get it back.
We used to have bonus, got voted out by drivers years ago. I heard it's possible to get it back in, but highly unlikely. Maybe after the old guard finally retire