Ups short Drivers

SmithBarney

They are not suppose to solicit drivers to work their vacations per contract.
That's why they use the "OH we forgot" method, then it looks accidental instead of on purpose... What they are hoping for is someone to take them up on the offer of extra work, they know exactly what they are doing to keep it "legal"

Oceanview

That's why they use the "OH we forgot" method, then it looks accidental instead of on purpose... What they are hoping for is someone to take them up on the offer of extra work, they know exactly what they are doing to keep it "legal"

Sounds about right.. this is my 2nd vacation with Ups and this happened to me in mid March as well..

barnyard

KTM rider
I love when the new drivers cry about not getting a vacation in the summer.......lol

That kind of bummed me out. I was in the 1st group to pick vacations when I was PT and took all summer weeks. I did not get another summer week until I had been driving for 5 years. This year, there were several with less than 3 years company seniority that got at least 1 summer week.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
That kind of bummed me out. I was in the 1st group to pick vacations when I was PT and took all summer weeks. I did not get another summer week until I had been driving for 5 years. This year, there were several with less than 3 years company seniority that got at least 1 summer week.
It took me 10 years until I finally got a summer week.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It took me 10 years until I finally got a summer week.
now it takes just two years to secure at least one summer week. and 5 to pick virtually any week you want.

%75 of our drivers are under 5 years, almost like preload but without as many 2-month wonders. Got to keep that pension funded somehow.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Never respond to texts or calls when not on the clock.
They use every trick in the book here. Even going so far as the have customers (who happen to have your cell phone number) or other employees whom they arm twist call.

Then its crying, promises and...(come on, we'll definitely owe you one).

Anything to get you to come in.