UPS should reconsider Saturday ground delivery.

542thruNthru

Well he has like six degrees and he's circumaviated the globe and he's done 11 jobs at ups and he's seen every center and every job and knows literally everything........so I'm guessing he stumbled across this word......but, yeah....probably in Shawshank.....
Think you mean circumnavigated the globe

Drink Craft Beer

We just switched about a month ago to T-S on the preload. Having to submit vacation sheet soon, was thinking earlier about Memorial and Labor day.

Will I get Saturday off since I'm already scheduled off for Monday? I would think I'd still get a scheduled day to work off with pay, not just give me 4hrs on my regular day off. I know they wouldn't do Tuesday, but figured Saturday cause it's only about 8-10 routes.

We just switched about a month ago to T-S on the preload. Having to submit vacation sheet soon, was thinking earlier about Memorial and Labor day.

Will I get Saturday off since I'm already scheduled off for Monday? I would think I'd still get a scheduled day to work off with pay, not just give me 4hrs on my regular day off. I know they wouldn't do Tuesday, but figured Saturday cause it's only about 8-10 routes.
You'll just get paid for it. They're not slowing down the sort on a workday just to get you a day off.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
:censored2: that.

Why should the majority of my union members get 3 days off and get paid for a scheduled working day, while the preload doesn't?
Because the holiday does not fall in your scheduled workweek.

In 2020 the 4th of July was on a Saturday, meaning only Tuesday through Saturday employees (preload) got a 3 day weekend.

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat

No, but free money

Drink Craft Beer

Because the holiday does not fall in your scheduled workweek.

In 2020 the 4th of July was on a Saturday, meaning only Tuesday through Saturday employees (preload) got a 3 day weekend.

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.
These 2 holidays never change though. It's always on a Monday regardless the date. They're different than the other paid holidays which have no set date.

I'll get :censored2:ed out of a 3 day weekend with one day paid twice a year, every year. That's a hell of a lot different than something happening once every 7yrs.

Last edited:
These 2 holidays never change though. It's always on a Monday regardless the date. They're different than the other paid holidays which have no set date.

I'll get :censored2:ed out of a 3 day weekend with one day paid twice a year, every year. That's a hell of a lot different than something happening once every 7yrs.
All the Tuesday through Saturday workers lose memorial Day and Labor Day in any other holiday that may happen to fall on a Monday that year.

PT Car Washer

Schedule vacation for the Holidays.

rentadawg

I have the teamsters union book but I’m unable to find the section explaining my local language for 6th punch ins during and off peak season? They’ve been forcing folks all year for 6 work days, literally. And does peak actually start after thanksgiving day like I’ve been told to or is it now suddenly November 15th which is happening out of know where?

542thruNthru

I have the teamsters union book but I’m unable to find the section explaining my local language for 6th punch ins during and off peak season?
Peak or no peak scheduling is the same. There is no "only during peak" language.

They’ve been forcing folks all year for 6 work days, literally. And does peak actually start after thanksgiving day like I’ve been told to or is it now suddenly November 15th which is happening out of know where?
The start or end of peak depends on what the topic is and what your supplemental language says.

For instance in the west helpers start Oct 15 and end Jan 15th

Full time seasonals start Oct 1st and end Jan 1st

9.5 ends Nov 15 and starts Jan 15th.

And many other things.

rentadawg

Peak or no peak scheduling is the same. There is no "only during peak" language.

The start or end of peak depends on what the topic is and what your supplemental language says.

For instance in the west helpers start Oct 15 and end Jan 15th

Full time seasonals start Oct 1st and end Jan 1st

9.5 ends Nov 15 and starts Jan 15th.

And many other things.
In Colorado 8hr request, vacations, 9.5 and optional days start January 1st. For the last 3 years peak rules started the day after thanksgiving. Now all of a sudden it’s Nov 15th. I just would just like to read the language myself as well, this stuff is confusing

542thruNthru

In Colorado 8hr request, vacations, 9.5 and optional days start January 1st. For the last 3 years peak rules started the day after thanksgiving. Now all of a sudden it’s Nov 15th. I just would just like to read the language myself as well, this stuff is confusing
Article 37 for 8hour requests and 9.5