UPS Spirals Towards Collapse

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
They should just ride with you for 1 day they might learn more but they will still think they know better because they got the degree. Ie dept here is a joke they get a degree come in off the street have no knowledge they get moved to operations for 6 months then promoted to manager. So the idiot who's been full-time operations busting his ass gets passed over gotta love it thank god for Jimmy Hoffa senior. Vote no let's see what is next
I just had a “performance” ride. I’m 1.5 hours over by myself. With a sup I’m 2.5 hours over.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
What is the largest voting block of shareholders?

You got it, Management!

And who gets their bonus paid in shares?

You got it, Management!

So when DPS sends you out with 13 hours of work who profits?

You got it, MANAGEMENT!

Last question... Who gave themselves a 10% raise this year alone?

MANAGEMENT!

They can take their offer of a 2% raise and go :censored2: themselves, I am voting NO!
It’s always nice to hear how the donkeys feel about their work load. :happy:

Foamer Pyle

Ups in 10 years will not be largest carrier to much pension drag they pay more in benefits and wages.they need the 22.4 to lower costs help eliminate outside hires and stay competitive with competition
If that is so, why isn’t a $6 Billion dollar profit good enough? That is a lot of jack my friend.

jagger john

Ups in 10 years will not be largest carrier to much pension drag they pay more in benefits and wages.they need the 22.4 to lower costs help eliminate outside hires and stay competitive with competition
must be a manger ups has tons cash they just dont want to share last year ceo and 5 below him gave 28 million in chritmas gifts cash vote no

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Are you saying that $6Billion is not enough profit? How much is enough?
To pay PTimers as they should be, make the infrastructure improvements needed and of course to provide Dividends so investors stay with UPS as a long term investment ... I’d say at least $20 billion.

Ain’t gonna happen and that’s why I own 0 shares of UPS Stock.

Smashmouth

I was hesitant to make my original post about Customer Facing Technology because I was afraid this audience would not understand primarily because you are not aware of UPS Technology that customers use to integrate into their internal processes.
My apologies for trying to enlighten you.

Amazon would not have been shipping via UPS if we had not created tools that integrates with Amazon technology.

I could go on for a full page but you have closed minds.

Listen, customer facing technology, inventory management and optimization, supply chain management, complete view shipping and returns, etc.,etc. are all well and good and gets UPS in the door for an interview. However, when those shipments keep getting missed because ORION has it hinned to the 8000 shelf, or they show up at 2 o'clock instead of 11 o'clock because ORION has you run your route differently every day and now the customer doesn't have enough time to turn the shipment around the same day, well, all the customer facing technology in the world isn't going to keep that customer. Bottom line, if the delivery isn't there on time, with consistency, day in and day out, that customer is going somewhere else!! Technology is great, no doubt, but it hasn't yet come close to interaction and relationships made between drivers and customers, and that's what UPS and apparently you still don't comprehend. My customers want their packages, they want them the same time everyday, and they want to know they can come to me if there is an issue. And if that balance gets :censored2:ed up, then they complain, and if the shipper on the other end gets enough of those complaints, well then he is going to find another shipping company, customer facing technology or not!!

cachmeifucan

They no longer offer pension to part time supervisor and full-time supervisor pension ends 2020 or 2022. To be replaced with 401k. Match so they saving billions more. And they actually profit way more they just reinvest it so they don't call it profit pt supervisor is about to pay 20 a hour and 7 hours a day once our contract gets forced on us
If that is so, why isn’t a $6 Billion dollar profit good enough? That is a lot of jack my friend.

cachmeifucan

A couple more best contracts ever and the stock will split again from all the give backs. Vote no these contracts getting worse and worse. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Listen, customer facing technology, inventory management and optimization, supply chain management, complete view shipping and returns, etc.,etc. are all well and good and gets UPS in the door for an interview. However, when those shipments keep getting missed because ORION has it hinned to the 8000 shelf, or they show up at 2 o'clock instead of 11 o'clock because ORION has you run your route differently every day and now the customer doesn't have enough time to turn the shipment around the same day, well, all the customer facing technology in the world isn't going to keep that customer. Bottom line, if the delivery isn't there on time, with consistency, day in and day out, that customer is going somewhere else!! Technology is great, no doubt, but it hasn't yet come close to interaction and relationships made between drivers and customers, and that's what UPS and apparently you still don't comprehend. My customers want their packages, they want them the same time everyday, and they want to know they can come to me if there is an issue. And if that balance gets :censored2:ed up, then they complain, and if the shipper on the other end gets enough of those complaints, well then he is going to find another shipping company, customer facing technology or not!!
Great post!
No role is more important or necessary that the next role.
One thing for sure is that none of us are important really.
From the CEO down to the day one unloader.

siouxman

siouxman
must be a manger ups has tons cash they just dont want to share last year ceo and 5 below him gave 28 million in chritmas gifts cash vote no
Been in package and feeders for 30 years.fed ex already has a bigger foot print then ups. Ups will for go increased volume for better profit per package.llok at what they make on international shipping.they will continue to automate the big hubs to eliminate the need for workers.feeders will have driverless tractors.