UPS Spirals Towards Collapse

cachmeifucan

Just heard part time supervisor will get 20 a hour to start and any part time supervisor who makes more will receive 1000 1 time bonus. Someone said ceo announced on upsers yesterday. just like them the long term members will get screwed and the people with less than 6 years will benefit. Vote no twice

This chart shows projected & actual retail e-commerce sales in the US. Retail e-commerce sales are expected to grow by 12.8% in 2018 and 11.3% in 2019, while projecting out until 2022.
39171350_10212527128841458_2080909520313253888_n.jpg

UPS is better positioned to absorb as many of these packages as anybody.
Especially when the company is done upgrading the belting system that is older then my dad!

PT Car Washer

Well just a look at my building would tell you why. I'm getting 7-8 hours a day as a part timer with the same amount of flow that 4 or 5 years ago would get me 5-6 at best. Sort runs 5-6 hours now, compared to running 3.5-4 hours back then, again for the same amount of flow.

Why? The majority of our building is incompetent. FFS, they tried a small easy sort change this monday and it crippled the building because people just couldn't wrap their heads around this simple swap between two belts. Every peak season they take our local packages and split a small portion of them to another belt to ease up the flow, and it results in missorts the entire peak season because at least half of the sorters can't seem to memorize 10 zipcodes. I hear stories of one guy going to a belt to help sweep irregs at the end of the night, and that one guy can do 3+ carts in the same time it takes a veritable army of new hires to do half a cart.

And of course it's because our new hires are treated like a revolving door of cheap disposable labor, so that's what we get, instead of the skilled smart people we used to. Last year we had a period where we were hiring 10-20 people a week and we were actually LOSING people over time still.

Basically I have no idea how UPS is making a profit at all right now.
But at some point the Union agreed with UPS that disposable PT labor is best for the Union members and UPS.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I thought you would understand... guess not! Not Operations Technology.
I forgot I was talking to drivers. LOL

I was referring to Customer Facing Technology.
I forgot that people like you think the company can't go on without you. Are you like most management types? Think you are curing cancer or something? Thanks for everything you did over the years. Hope we can stay in business without you.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I thought you would understand... guess not! Not Operations Technology.
I forgot I was talking to drivers. LOL

I was referring to Customer Facing Technology.
UPS Technology absolutely sucks. Wanna know why? The people that created it and implemented it have absolutely no clue on how to deliver in the system they have bastardized for over a century. IE should spend no less than 2 years in package. Maybe they will get a clue.

Last edited:

What'dyabringmetoday???

UPS Technology absolutely sucks. Wanna know who? The people that created it and implemented it have absolutely no clue on how to deliver in the system they have bastardized for over a century. IE should spend no less than 2 years in package. Maybe they will get a clue.
Uh oh- you will be instructed to keep your job as a driver. Management people are a bunch smarter. Lowly driver types don't really know what's going on.

Re-Raise

Customers don’t care about Opetations tech. SMH

ADVICE: Keep your job as a driver.
Good Lord, you old hippy!

UPS exists because people want them to deliver their packages!

Nobody cares about anything your group did on the computer. I think you worked on UPSers.com which is a joke

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Customers don’t care about Opetations tech. SMH

ADVICE: Keep your job as a driver.
Good Lord, you old hippy!

UPS exists because people want them to deliver their packages!

Nobody cares about anything your group did on the computer. I think you worked on UPSers.com which is a joke
UPS Technology absolutely sucks. Wanna know why? The people that created it and implemented it have absolutely no clue on how to deliver in the system they have bastardized for over a century. IE should spend no less than 2 years in package. Maybe they will get a clue.
I was hesitant to make my original post about Customer Facing Technology because I was afraid this audience would not understand primarily because you are not aware of UPS Technology that customers use to integrate into their internal processes.
My apologies for trying to enlighten you.

Amazon would not have been shipping via UPS if we had not created tools that integrates with Amazon technology.

I could go on for a full page but you have closed minds.

Re-Raise

I was hesitant to make my original post about Customer Facing Technology because I was afraid this audience would not understand primarily because you are not aware of UPS Technology that customers use to integrate into their internal processes.
My apologies for trying to enlighten you.

Amazon would not have been shipping via UPS if we had not created tools that integrates with Amazon technology.

I could go on for a full page but you have closed minds.
And amazingly we existed for almost 100 years before Customer Facing Technology....somehow

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
And amazingly we existed for almost 100 years before Customer Facing Technology....somehow
Actually more like 80 years so that makes sense from you POV which is trying to live on the 80s.
Business has changed in the last 30 years and so has UPS.
WELCOME TO THE 21st CENTURY.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

What is the largest voting block of shareholders?

You got it, Management!

And who gets their bonus paid in shares?

You got it, Management!

So when DPS sends you out with 13 hours of work who profits?

You got it, MANAGEMENT!

Last question... Who gave themselves a 10% raise this year alone?

MANAGEMENT!

They can take their offer of a 2% raise and go :censored2: themselves, I am voting NO!

cachmeifucan

They should just ride with you for 1 day they might learn more but they will still think they know better because they got the degree. Ie dept here is a joke they get a degree come in off the street have no knowledge they get moved to operations for 6 months then promoted to manager. So the idiot who's been full-time operations busting his ass gets passed over gotta love it thank god for Jimmy Hoffa senior. Vote no let's see what is next