UPS Spirals Towards Collapse

brown_trousers

UPS Yield is around 2.8% over the last 20 years.
I use a filter and invest in companies that have:
4% annual yield
not reduced their dividend yield in the last 20 years
a beta value less than 0.8

I review my investments with a financial adviser at least once a year.
Do your individual stocks outperform your 401k? Ive been playing the stock game for a while and my 401k almost always outperforms my individual stock choices.

brown_trousers

In what?

Definitely outperform once you add in dividends paid out.
Year end rate of return. Does your stock portfolio perform better than your 401k? Ive only beat my 401k a couple times out of about 10 years.

I only buy shares now to gamble a little on the side, i invest the bulk of my funds into the 401k.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Year end rate of return. Does your stock portfolio perform better than your 401k? Ive only beat my 401k a couple times out of about 10 years.

I only buy shares now to gamble a little on the side, i invest the bulk of my funds into the 401k.
401K is fine ... my investments are not far off from that.
I like the S&P Index fund.

Blackstream

Well just a look at my building would tell you why. I'm getting 7-8 hours a day as a part timer with the same amount of flow that 4 or 5 years ago would get me 5-6 at best. Sort runs 5-6 hours now, compared to running 3.5-4 hours back then, again for the same amount of flow.

Why? The majority of our building is incompetent. FFS, they tried a small easy sort change this monday and it crippled the building because people just couldn't wrap their heads around this simple swap between two belts. Every peak season they take our local packages and split a small portion of them to another belt to ease up the flow, and it results in missorts the entire peak season because at least half of the sorters can't seem to memorize 10 zipcodes. I hear stories of one guy going to a belt to help sweep irregs at the end of the night, and that one guy can do 3+ carts in the same time it takes a veritable army of new hires to do half a cart.

And of course it's because our new hires are treated like a revolving door of cheap disposable labor, so that's what we get, instead of the skilled smart people we used to. Last year we had a period where we were hiring 10-20 people a week and we were actually LOSING people over time still.

Basically I have no idea how UPS is making a profit at all right now.

BrownArmy

We're being instructed to deliver the new 'super-special-medicine-big-account' NDA's first, even if it means eating 4-6 other NDA.

Winning!

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
mgmt.png

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We're being instructed to deliver the new 'super-special-medicine-big-account' NDA's first, even if it means eating 4-6 other NDA.

Winning!
apparently half the building "went rogue" when they left at 9:20 with late air crawling through the system.
Funny how last year, at exactly this time. We had air drivers that would gladly take care of the remaining pieces.