UPS stealing pay?

man ,that’s a runner/gunners dream...I prefer to run scratch. If Orion says last stop is 19:45 that’s when I will make it..(and if it says 17:00 I will still make it 19:45 :lol:) to many runners turning a 11hr dispatch into 8hrs
Whatever it takes to get done. Some days are good and other days it's out of my control. Just try to work efficiently that's all you can do. Too many miles on this engine to run.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Whatever it takes to get done. Some days are good and other days it's out of my control. Just try to work efficiently that's all you can do. Too many miles on this engine to run.
You’re correct my union brother , I told my supervisor my day is in the hands of Orion and my loader now...the driver no longer runs the route.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Either way, it all comes down to UPS wanting to pay you as little as possible and work you as hard as possible.

And how long did it take you to come to this conclusion?

Hint: The smart ones learn this on the first day....

I really don't consider it a production issue, I consider it a pay issue. This is the system UPS has set up, so they need to honor it.

You're funny.....

I care when it takes money out of my pocket, otherwise I could care less.

So you think that you can pick up 500 letters in a tote box, spending 30 seconds, and get paid bonus for 500 packages?

You're funny.....

I will finally try to use the union for something for the first time in 14 years.

Not very smart, are you?

You use the Union everyday. The Union is getting you over $10/hr and full benefits.

Go work for FedEx and make $25/hr, if you're lucky. Or go drive for Amazon at $15/hr. You use the Union everyday.

People don't realize how much money the Union is actually getting for them, Well, except for the PTers, and only because they don't vote.

If they can't fix it, and I don't expect them to, then well, I live in a right-to-work state.

Why don't you go work for FedEx....Oh, that's right, that would be over a $20K pay cut, since they do not have a Union, and then we'd really hear you complain.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
And then you get an on call and have to go help another driver.....
As much as I hate runner/lunch gunners we need them to keep our dispatches light. Often I will pretend to be an on-road supervisor to the new hires surrounding my route. I’ll pull them aside and tell them that they have been running over and need to hustle more..

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What I don't understand is why the center report is different from the paycheck. To me, that means there is an office somewhere where people are paid to look for ways to move the goal posts when a driver beats them at their own game. I imagine these are the same people that have cut the time allowances so bad that dispatchers are having a hard time getting routes with 160 stops to dispatch an 8 hour day.

Unless someone knows where it is written that UPS can take bonus away at their discretion, then I will finally try to use the union for something for the first time in 14 years. If they can't fix it, and I don't expect them to, then well, I live in a right-to-work state.

Good luck

Union doesn’t recognize nor condone bonus

coolslice

Keep complaining. It won’t be long before your route has a time allowance adjustment and you’ll be running over allowed every day. (Which is why we voted out the bonus system in our center).

We are a bonus center, and they still cut time allowances all the time. It's not about keeping drivers from running bonus as much as it is a bending of reality to fit their needs. They think that every few months, your stop count should increase and your time allowance should decrease. Most drivers in my center gave up on that game a long time ago. There's no way to win. This is how UPS creates bad drivers. Our work is never good enough, and over time, drivers quit giving a damn.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
So you admit that other drivers in your center have given up on the bonuses and why the hell haven't you done the same? I think you have found your solution to your problem, stop running and chasing this bonus. Obviously they're not going to pay you for it so why work harder for nothing.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm surprised UPS still has "bonus" centers. I'm also surprised that the standards haven't been jacked up so high that anyone could still beat them.

JL 0513

They created bonus to benefit them. Why else would it exist?

Slow down and just collect the OT instead. I don't know how bonus is calculated but I imagine it's a losing proposition considering what you give up (running, working unsafely, skipping lunch, losing OT hours, etc).

They created bonus to benefit them. Why else would it exist?

Slow down and just collect the OT instead. I don't know how bonus is calculated but I imagine it's a losing proposition considering what you give up (running, working unsafely, skipping lunch, losing OT hours, etc).
Means you get back to the building everyday by 4:30 and earn your OT driving home and having supper. Drivers would kill if you tried to take bonus away.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Be careful on when to pick your battles, you will not always win, especially during your first few decades. After that you will win more because you will have out lived several management teams and you'll know how to screw with the kids now running the center.