UPS stealing pay?

JL 0513

Means you get back to the building everyday by 4:30 and earn your OT driving home and having supper. Drivers would kill if you tried to take bonus away.

Even if you didn't take any lunch and ran all day, I still don't know how you'd be done at 4:30. Most routes are in the middle of their pickups at 4:30. I also can't believe if guys are getting back so early that stop counts don't shoot through the roof.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Even if you didn't take any lunch and ran all day, I still don't know how you'd be done at 4:30. Most routes are in the middle of their pickups at 4:30. I also can't believe if guys are getting back so early that stop counts don't shoot through the roof.

Remember, you work in a densely populated area. Not all are the same.

Some of us work/worked in rural areas with few to none pickups, and it wasn't hard to have the occasional low mileage day and be done at 4:30-5:00.

Chnandler Bong

Drivers would kill if you tried to take bonus away.[/QUOTE said:
We voted ours out just fine? ‍♂️ They kept cutting time allowances to the point where most routes couldn’t bonus without being stupid. Now we make “bonus” every time we’re over allowed.

PT Car Washer

Remember, you work in a densely populated area. Not all are the same.

Some of us work/worked in rural areas with few to none pickups, and it wasn't hard to have the occasional low mileage day and be done at 4:30-5:00.
Guys getting in at 4:30 everyday are downtown drivers. Some rural route can be done even earlier. It is the new guys on 230 stop residential routes that are in at 8 to 9 everynight.

PTPeanuts

I was at my mom's house on Friday when I heard this loud slam outside so I look out the window and its the UPS guy at the neighbor's house, and he jumps out the truck and literally RUNS up her front yard to the door and then sprints back to the truck and peels out. It looked like he was doing those exercises we used to do in gym class where you had to run back and forth and touch the ground behind the cones.

Overpaid Union Thug

I was at my mom's house on Friday when I heard this loud slam outside so I look out the window and its the UPS guy at the neighbor's house, and he jumps out the truck and literally RUNS up her front yard to the door and then sprints back to the truck and peels out. It looked like he was doing those exercises we used to do in gym class where you had to run back and forth and touch the ground behind the cones.

That was your center’s next accident running across that lawn.

Are you from Colorado? Because that sounds like something I was doing Friday :itwashim3:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The union doesn’t recognize production. Production = bonus pay. You can’t have it both ways...
Then why doesn't the union shut down bonus? These guys are losing money trying to gain it?

Forget bonus, work at a normal pace. You will earn more in overtime without killing yourself.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Then why doesn't the union shut down bonus? These guys are losing money trying to gain it?

Forget bonus, work at a normal pace. You will earn more in overtime without killing yourself.

I know a guy that made 3 hours a day for many years

He is now disabled and walks with a cane

True story

Sporty

I got a slip from payroll dept stating they received a witholding order. If i have any questions to call number above. It is a 1-800 number and when i called it to see who in the hell thinks i owe them it was a recording saying its ur lucky day u can receive a 100$ gift card just answer a few questions.... then a sales pitch for a lifeline thing. Ive had 2 prior offsets due to school loans. And i made less than the federal limit to garnish. But they still took 25% of my pay. But the only info on this new payroll slip is the 18oo #. The others had the school listed with their phone#. So is ups just informing me they r taking money for something that i really dont owe? Being its a bogus tele #? Any real advice here is appreciated

Observer

If you checked with your supe and union steward already and have document that - then go to your state's div. of wage and hours. BE SURE and make a copy of that paper stating call this phone number for the withholding order. They will get to the bottom of this (the slip with the bogus number will help)and you will get correct, concise answers. Good luck and keep us posted.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I got a slip from payroll dept stating they received a witholding order. If i have any questions to call number above. It is a 1-800 number and when i called it to see who in the hell thinks i owe them it was a recording saying its ur lucky day u can receive a 100$ gift card just answer a few questions.... then a sales pitch for a lifeline thing. Ive had 2 prior offsets due to school loans. And i made less than the federal limit to garnish. But they still took 25% of my pay. But the only info on this new payroll slip is the 18oo #. The others had the school listed with their phone#. So is ups just informing me they r taking money for something that i really dont owe? Being its a bogus tele #? Any real advice here is appreciated
Borrowing money? Pay it back or don't borrow.

Sporty

Thank u very much but i have not borrowed any money
If you checked with your supe and union steward already and have document that - then go to your state's div. of wage and hours. BE SURE and make a copy of that paper stating call this phone number for the withholding order. They will get to the bottom of this (the slip with the bogus number will help)and you will get correct, concise answers. Good luck and keep us posted.
Thank u and will update